Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:18 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times

Advertisements

Get a lawyer and threaten to sue for the damages to your lawn plus attorney's fees. In some jurisdictions, cinder blocks would be a code violation. A fence would do the trick, but would be more costly and probably have code restrictions too. Also, taking pictures and sending it to code compliance and getting other neighbours to speak up may be more effective than just calling them and having code compliance drive by. They might need "probable cause" before going on to the property to investigate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
The pyramid things are against code (they'll make you remove them), you could put the rounded button looking ones.

OP - Can you plant some trees or shubs in the area they are driving in?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:33 PM

260 posts, read 908,801 times
Look up the home on the tax collectors website see if the owner is claiming a homestead and see if it's listed as a 2 family home. If you start playing games with the tennants it could get dangerous. The tennants most likely have nothing to lose except for a fine small fine at most.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 11,174 times
It is too costly to put up a fence, nor do I want to plant shrubbery as it is costly and not really something I never wanted in that area on my lawn either. The triangles are against code? I thought they were only against code if you have them on the swail which is not your property... I've seen some neighbors with them and they haven't had an issue. In any case, I'm going to put up the triangles, and if code says anything I'll take them down. I'm also going to give code another call and try to explain my situation further to see how I can help them and vice versa. As a matter of fact, when I speak to them I'll ask about the triangles.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:01 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,109 times
I've heard you can't even buy those pyramid things anymore, just the half dome kind.
I would set up security cameras and aim them in a way that will get the license plate of the cars when they cross your yard. If there's ever a court case or hearing, you'll have the upper hand with video evidence of them trespassing.
There seems to be an alarming lack of respect for others property here in Miami. I've been having problems with the parents who pick up their kids after school. They try to use my driveway as a parking area to wait for their kids. They have run over my driveway lights, they throw trash in my yard and when I tell them they can't wait in my driveway, they get offended. I don't want to point fingers, but it's almost always Hispanic people who are doing this at my house.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
At my mom's house in Miami, I had to excavate the swale 12 inches down, and filled it with the soupiest marl I could find. Then I topped it off with mulch. Every car that has parked there has sank deep and had to be towed out. A pipe from the sprinkler system refreshes the moisture in the mud so is stays nice and soupy and cannot catch fire. There is no law against the pyramids being in your yard. However, why bother with those when you can get huge coral rocks and landscape around them. To stop the driving through his yard a friend of mine filled it in with 10 truckloads of dirt and surrounded it with coral rocks. An accident caused a car to go right for his home but it was stopped at the raised lawn and coral rocks. Once someone was blocking his driveway so he rammed the car with his truck. The police issued her a ticket for blocking the driveway.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:20 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
I wouldn't do anything that can cause property or bodily damage. You have no idea who you're dealing with. I would think it a legal issue and keep it at that. Do they have any public advocate reporters on the TV down there? Might be worth a try.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM

224 posts, read 321,487 times
sounds like you have some fun neighbors op, i'd go over there with some beer and make friends with them.

it's kinda disrepectful they're driving across your property though, front yards should only be used for barbacoas, lechons and parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami