Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 AM

683 posts, read 853,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Yup just look at the Grove right now and it's wilting away. South beach will take time but when downtown Miami will be the hot spot I can see it fading a bit.

You know I don't really agree that South Beach will ever fade, but it can happen. I remember when Coconut Grove was the hot spot for locals, not South Beach. I'm still in shock in how Cocowalk is not the same like before.

I think South Beach is too popular with tourists to ever fade back to old days. It's continously hyped up. Also when Brickell is finally finished with construction, I think you will have two hot spots in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
yeah. go to the strip clubs.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:26 AM

463 posts, read 559,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
You kind of contradicted yourself there. Wouldn't they still be shallow gold diggers if you are rich? I mean you still would have to spend mass amounts on them. Which is stupid IMO if you are a millionaire. I'd rather go to another country where they are more down to earth. It's more about money than being in shape. When you see people like Damon Dash coming down here back in the day hooking up. lol Then Rick Ross. smh Plus the blog didn't focus solely on gold diggers.

It's so funny how you can take a 20 minute trip up to Broward and get a different scene. The women are more educated and have jobs. Of course some Miami rubbed off up there, but definitely not like how it is on the extreme down here.

Weird because it was only a small portion of said blog years ago. Miami was not always like this. I'm from the 2 Live Crew days and it nobody cared about the limelight as much as they cared about the booty music.

I see your point but since I'm not really looking for anything serious down here, this doesn't really bother or affect me. I managed to hook-up with a cute little latina only a week after I moved down here. Just saw her walking close to my place and got her number and invited her over the next day. Didn't cost me anything.

I've been rejected also by those I could feel the "materialistic/gold-digger" vibe. No biggie, they have a preference/type and their free to choose so I don't take it personally.

I guess if you're looking to make some sort of serious connection down here, SoBe is the worst place to do so, but it's not like the men here are great catches either so I don't think anyone here really takes dating seriously, hence the shallowness and materialism.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
I see your point but since I'm not really looking for anything serious down here, this doesn't really bother or affect me. I managed to hook-up with a cute little latina only a week after I moved down here. Just saw her walking close to my place and got her number and invited her over the next day. Didn't cost me anything.

I've been rejected also by those I could feel the "materialistic/gold-digger" vibe. No biggie, they have a preference/type and their free to choose so I don't take it personally.

I guess if you're looking to make some sort of serious connection down here, SoBe is the worst place to do so, but it's not like the men here are great catches either so I don't think anyone here really takes dating seriously, hence the shallowness and materialism.

I live in Broward now, so it doesn't really effect me either, but I do work in Miami. I just found the blog so friggin on point. The down right funny part is that a woman wrote it. So if a women is seeing the same thing the guys are seeing there must be some kind of truth to it. But once again it's not only about the gold digging. The article hit on way more other types. The Crossfit Junkie was killing me. Because I have a girl at my job like that. Also the instagram model. It's just a funny overall accurate blog.

You can't blame the women though. The guys put up with it. So you won't see any change.

Last edited by deboinair; 06-09-2014 at 12:22 PM..

Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 PM

463 posts, read 559,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I live in Broward now, so it doesn't really effect me either, but I do work in Miami. I just found the blog so friggin on point. The down right funny part is that a woman wrote it. So if a women is seeing the same thing the guys are seeing there must be some kind of truth to it. But once again it's not only about the gold digging. The article hit on way more other types. The Crossfit Junkie was killing me. Because I have a girl at my job like that. Also the instagram model. It's just a funny overall accurate blog.

You can't blame the women though. The guys put up with it. So you won't see any change.
Agreed. Tons of guys out there willing to put up with murder just to have a sniff. I've matured up a lot since graduating college and dropped the b.s. and thirsty behavior that so many guys fall into.

I'll throw a few lines out if I see someone I like but if she starts giving me attitude, demanding this or that, or I can just feel the bitterness/baggage oozing from their pores, then I just cut bait and run. It has served me well in avoiding women who are pain in the a55es. My experience has been that, if they are giving you trouble at the beginning stages, it will only get worse after you've slept with them.

Smart guys pick their battles, know when to make their plays, and know when to fold their cards.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Agreed. Tons of guys out there willing to put up with murder just to have a sniff. I've matured up a lot since graduating college and dropped the b.s. and thirsty behavior that so many guys fall into.

I'll throw a few lines out if I see someone I like but if she starts giving me attitude, demanding this or that, or I can just feel the bitterness/baggage oozing from their pores, then I just cut bait and run. It has served me well in avoiding women who are pain in the a55es. My experience has been that, if they are giving you trouble at the beginning stages, it will only get worse after you've slept with them.

Smart guys pick their battles, know when to make their plays, and know when to fold their cards.
That reminds me of a song.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Overall a very logical and smart assessment you have going on. It's just not worth it to go through the trouble.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
I learned a long time ago that you may not be better than anybody else but no one is better than you are, I think a football coach told me that.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 AM

132 posts, read 496,011 times
I am originally from NY, where I was used to getting a number just about every other time I went out clubbing or bar hopping. I usually had a GF and a girl I would flirt with. Then I moved to Miami for a year where I wasn't able to get a date for 6 months (Karma?). I finally got a few dates by spamming every single girl on POF and Match. It took me like 4 hours a day for months to complete that spam. Literally 1000's of emails sent to get like 4 responses. I did date a girl for the last months I was there (of course she had 3 kids and no job) until I moved to So Cal. Over here, I don't even go out. I seem to meet girls in random places and get numbers. I have my fill of various weird artsy / nature loving females now. Totally different types of people from Miami.

I feel bad for my friend who remained in Miami. He's been there for years and has had like 2 dates. He always had a GF in California, so maybe he's enjoying his singlehood? He has a dream of meeting a Univision-type model and he's sticking to it!

I did know a Latin guy who moved to Miami, had perfect abs and he had women stalking him! He had like 7-8 different girls texting him asking him to come over. Even married women were texting this guy! He said he had 10x the attention in Miami than he ever had in California.

So I guess Miami is feast or famine (for guys). 2% Feast and 98% Famine.

To balance the picture, I know a girl who moved to Miami from Connecticut. She never got much attention in Connecticut, but in Miami she's a freaking super model! She's travelling the world on some rich guy's dime right now. I think she's been to like 25 countries on this world tour, of which she hasn't paid a cent for. She quit her job and she's just a paid hussy now.

I also knew a very fat girl that grew up in Miami (~200lbs). She was complaining that only guys with BMW's were asking for her number. She wanted a guy with a Ferrari. In NY, she wouldn't even be able to even get a date with any guy!

My final advice: Find an environment (i.e. state or country) where you can prosper and you enjoy it there.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwood View Post
I am originally from NY, where I was used to getting a number just about every other time I went out clubbing or bar hopping. I usually had a GF and a girl I would flirt with. Then I moved to Miami for a year where I wasn't able to get a date for 6 months (Karma?). I finally got a few dates by spamming every single girl on POF and Match. It took me like 4 hours a day for months to complete that spam. Literally 1000's of emails sent to get like 4 responses. I did date a girl for the last months I was there (of course she had 3 kids and no job) until I moved to So Cal. Over here, I don't even go out. I seem to meet girls in random places and get numbers. I have my fill of various weird artsy / nature loving females now. Totally different types of people from Miami.

I feel bad for my friend who remained in Miami. He's been there for years and has had like 2 dates. He always had a GF in California, so maybe he's enjoying his singlehood? He has a dream of meeting a Univision-type model and he's sticking to it!

I did know a Latin guy who moved to Miami, had perfect abs and he had women stalking him! He had like 7-8 different girls texting him asking him to come over. Even married women were texting this guy! He said he had 10x the attention in Miami than he ever had in California.

My final advice: Find an environment (i.e. state or country) where you can prosper and you enjoy it there.

Like I said before there was a small percentage of women like this in Miami years ago. Miami's identity was the booty music. Once that played out, everybody turned into wannabe Hollywood. This is the new Miami. It's not just the people raised here, it's transplants that ruin the scene also. Yes this include New Yorkers. Paying ridiculous amounts on first dates, paying bills, etc. Miami has gotten just as popular as LA and NY. Years ago if you went out of town and you said you were from Miami the response was "That's cool." You say it now. The response is "Oh wow, South Beach blah,blah,blah".

Your are correct about the differences between cities, but LA or SoCal and NY are like 20 times bigger than Miami. The only reason why you can get women in these places is because you can just go to another area if the women are stuck up. I'm from LA and there are certain areas I would never go to try to pick up women. Also once again, it is the lame guys that are to blame. They put the wrong type of women up on a pedestal and shower them with gifts.

Your Latin guy example is funny, because it's predominantly Latin in Miami so I would figure he would do well. California is more of a mix, and Latin is not as popular as it is down here.

Last edited by deboinair; 06-10-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami