Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,049 times

Advertisements

Irak is better than Puerto Rico. I was born in PR, moved to Cleveland i was 14 years old, moved to Tampa,FL at 42 years,moved back to PR at 54,worst mistake of my life, I'am going back to Florida. First week that i was here 7 people kill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 PM

69 posts, read 178,208 times
Having PR as my territory as well, and living in Miami I can honestly say
there's next to no difference between the two. PR's crime rate is a bit
higher, but they're both horrible.

Honestly move to GA, or NC, or even more up north, or head out west
to California where you will be welcomed with your skills, and get a job
based on performance not who you know, or how old you are. Those
are idiotic Hispanic cultures that do not work in the 1st world. Miami
is a third world country kind of like Colombia, just that it has all the
American amenities, but that's about it. People jay walk just like in PR,
street vendors, most of Miami looks ghetto, people don't speak Spanish
etc...I've been here two years and two months, I can honestly say it has
been a nightmare living here, but my time is up and this Wednesday
I'm off to California to the first world, back home in the Pacific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Honestly, your experience in PR sounds like most experiences in Miami. This is a tourist based economy, with no real economic activity other than construction jobs and tourism. The pay is low here and the cost of living is through the roof, well surpasing that of Puerto Rico. Basically, Miami has PR's problems on steroids.

I think if you move to Miami, you would find the same problems but that much worse. You should check out other areas of the country where there is a more affordable lifestyle and a strong need to qualified bilingual personel.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,061,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaK View Post
Having PR as my territory as well, and living in Miami I can honestly say
there's next to no difference between the two. PR's crime rate is a bit
higher, but they're both horrible.

Honestly move to GA, or NC, or even more up north, or head out west
to California where you will be welcomed with your skills, and get a job
based on performance not who you know, or how old you are. Those
are idiotic Hispanic cultures that do not work in the 1st world. Miami
is a third world country kind of like Colombia, just that it has all the
American amenities, but that's about it. People jay walk just like in PR,
street vendors, most of Miami looks ghetto, people don't speak Spanish
etc...I've been here two years and two months, I can honestly say it has
been a nightmare living here, but my time is up and this Wednesday
I'm off to California to the first world, back home in the Pacific.
I disagree with your post .... I have travelled and visited Puerto Rico extensively for work since 1993 ... and unless you live in Carol City , Hialeah or Little Havana ... most of Puerto Rico .. San Juan especially is much worse off than Miami ... crime is much , much higher , the economy in Puerto Rico is a disaster .. yes much worse than Miami ... work ethic is worse than Miami , many , many more ghetto areas ... yes if you can believe that ... I once heard San Juan called "Hialeah By The Sea " and a better description does not exist . Why should the OP move to the promised lands of NC or GA .... the former has higher unemployment right now than Florida .... why not recommend Broward or Palm Beach Counties to the OP ... you can love in Broward or Palm Beach Counties and never have to experience Miami and either one of these two counties are a much , much better place then Puerto Rico in which to live . I have heard of week ends with over twenty murders just in San Juan alone .. I do not recall that in Miami or all of South Florida in one week end !!

By the way calling California , especially So Cal the first world is stretching it ... have you been there lately ... not knocking it as I lived there for four years and visit often , but it shares many of South Florida's problems .

Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 AM

433 posts, read 950,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I disagree with your post .... I have travelled and visited Puerto Rico extensively for work since 1993 ... and unless you live in Carol City , Hialeah or Little Havana ... most of Puerto Rico .. San Juan especially is much worse off than Miami ... crime is much , much higher , the economy in Puerto Rico is a disaster .. yes much worse than Miami ... work ethic is worse than Miami , many , many more ghetto areas ... yes if you can believe that ... I once heard San Juan called "Hialeah By The Sea " and a better description does not exist . Why should the OP move to the promised lands of NC or GA .... the former has higher unemployment right now than Florida .... why not recommend Broward or Palm Beach Counties to the OP ... you can love in Broward or Palm Beach Counties and never have to experience Miami and either one of these two counties are a much , much better place then Puerto Rico in which to live . I have heard of week ends with over twenty murders just in San Juan alone .. I do not recall that in Miami or all of South Florida in one week end !!

By the way calling California , especially So Cal the first world is stretching it ... have you been there lately ... not knocking it as I lived there for four years and visit often , but it shares many of South Florida's problems .
Is he talking about what California? The California of 20 years ago or the Mexifornia of nowadays. LOL, I have been in So Cal millions of times; I really like the place, but if you are heading to the old wild wide west thinking it will be different, THINK AGAIN MY FRIEND. Ok, I recognize that job prospects and salaries in California are way better than in Florida but that’s it. After the California’s union thugs and politicians get their “fair” share of your hard-earned income you will be possible in a worst situation. On the other hand, please tell me a country on earth where the "who-you-know-it's-what-you-get-mentality" is not practiced. Do not tell me Europe PLEASE, the tall-poppy syndrome there is disgusting! (Especially in Latin-European Countries).

And, are you people for real? Comparing San Juan, PR vs. Miami is insane. I mean, Miami is not a jewel but San Juan and Puerto Rico in general has the ability to multiply Miami’s problems by a thousand. E.g:

- Rampant unemployment. Even if you have a bachelor degree the situation is tough.
- For what you get, PR is insanely expensive.
- A truly welfare mentally only compared to the situation in southern border towns of USA.
- A Puerto Rican nationalism sponsored by the upper classes that rules out any possibility of obtaining good values and skills that may help you to compete in this capitalistic and globalized world.
- Crime, crime? I’m not even going to discuss this.

Now, if you have the money and like to live in a place where the rule of law is almost non-existent then PR is the place:
- Beautiful women.
- Good food and good weather. And the beaches, the most beautiful beaches in the USA! The Caribbean’s beaches rock!
- If you have the money or the connections you can get away with minor things like DUI, drug position, dating minors, etc.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,061,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Is he talking about what California? The California of 20 years ago or the Mexifornia of nowadays. LOL, I have been in So Cal millions of times; I really like the place, but if you are heading to the old wild wide west thinking it will be different, THINK AGAIN MY FRIEND. Ok, I recognize that job prospects and salaries in California are way better than in Florida but that’s it. After the California’s union thugs and politicians get their “fair” share of your hard-earned income you will be possible in a worst situation. On the other hand, please tell me a country on earth where the "who-you-know-it's-what-you-get-mentality" is not practiced. Do not tell me Europe PLEASE, the tall-poppy syndrome there is disgusting! (Especially in Latin-European Countries).

And, are you people for real? Comparing San Juan, PR vs. Miami is insane. I mean, Miami is not a jewel but San Juan and Puerto Rico in general has the ability to multiply Miami’s problems by a thousand. E.g:

- Rampant unemployment. Even if you have a bachelor degree the situation is tough.
- A truly welfare mentally only compared to the situation in southern border towns of USA.
- A Puerto Rican nationalism sponsored by the upper classes that rules out any possibility of obtaining good values and skills that may help you to compete in this capitalistic and globalized world.

Now, if you have the money and like to live in a place where the rule of law is almost non-existent then PR is the place:
- Beautiful women.
- Good food and good weather. And the beaches, the most beautiful beaches in the USA! The Caribbean’s beaches rock!
- If you have the money or the connections you can get away with minor things like DUI, drug position, dating minors, etc.

Wow .... your assessment is even harsher than mine .... but I do agree with it ... good post ... I think ???

Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,163,017 times
Go to Miami. Definately an upgrade, though the winter weather/beaches aren't as nice.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,163,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post

- Beautiful women.
Hawaii has the best beaches. There actually isn't even a difference in water temperature between the two when you look at the charts. And Miami is not truly tropical either. Only semi-tropical.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,159,873 times
Dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn.... YOU ARE SICK!!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,470,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c laboy View Post
Irak is better than Puerto Rico. I was born in PR, moved to Cleveland i was 14 years old, moved to Tampa,FL at 42 years,moved back to PR at 54,worst mistake of my life, I'am going back to Florida. First week that i was here 7 people kill.
Blame drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami