Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:33 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,718,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
And that is the real reason why we have the Cuban embargo. It is all about money, but disguised as a political maneuver to fight dictatorship and communism.
Exactly. Money is what the fight against Communism has been about all along. The mega-wealthy are not about to give up their near-complete control of the world's resources.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:44 AM

322 posts, read 583,147 times
If anything, there will be MORE Cubans because many will leave Cuba and come here once there is unrestricted travel.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:40 PM

22,237 posts, read 29,276,194 times
No because they have it too good here..

Old 07-05-2014, 03:39 PM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times
yes vacation homes for sure. I am of the age when there was a ferry between Key West n Havana... now at warp speed.wow vacation destination! The darn Canadians and Europeans enjoy all that now. As for the post that all Cubans to go home? Then all Germans, Swiss. Irish, Chinese etc should go home too. all of them...

Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yes vacation homes for sure. I am of the age when there was a ferry between Key West n Havana... now at warp speed.wow vacation destination! The darn Canadians and Europeans enjoy all that now. As for the post that all Cubans to go home? Then all Germans, Swiss. Irish, Chinese etc should go home too. all of them...
The U.S. would once again belong to the native Americans.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:19 AM

14,891 posts, read 12,052,980 times
So, if any of you folks care to speculate, I'd wonder when, and under what circumstances y'all think this fall of the Castro regime might finally take that long-anticipated tumble? I mean, it's been well over 50 years since Castro took power, and despite enthusiastic and celebrated rumors over the years of his demise, and some evidence that he's been on his deathbed longer than any human being has a right to expect, the Castro regime still seems to be going strong. I know it's reportedly Fidel's brother Whatzizname (Raul?) who's running things in Cuba these days, but unless they have an endless number of heirs ready to step up to the business of running a dictatorship, it has to decline sometime.

I've always figured that Fidel was responsible for keeping his regime from being toppled- he's a genius at playing the US like a fiddle, and those measured mass emigrations of Cubans to the US by any means possible also serve as a vent when the unrest and pressure in the country grows high enough that some folks might try and overthrow the dictator- if they're allowed to emigrate instead, that alleviates that pressure, at least in Cuba.

So, how does it end?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:55 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,738,026 times
It doesn't, it just becomes something like a tourist China where the island allows more and more petty capitalism and attracts more tourism from everywhere and limited from the US aka what is currently happening now.

And if the Castros are anything my my still living grandmother and grand aunt one being 104 and the other 101 they still got about another 25 plus years left.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So, if any of you folks care to speculate, I'd wonder when, and under what circumstances y'all think this fall of the Castro regime might finally take that long-anticipated tumble? I mean, it's been well over 50 years since Castro took power, and despite enthusiastic and celebrated rumors over the years of his demise, and some evidence that he's been on his deathbed longer than any human being has a right to expect, the Castro regime still seems to be going strong. I know it's reportedly Fidel's brother Whatzizname (Raul?) who's running things in Cuba these days, but unless they have an endless number of heirs ready to step up to the business of running a dictatorship, it has to decline sometime.

I've always figured that Fidel was responsible for keeping his regime from being toppled- he's a genius at playing the US like a fiddle, and those measured mass emigrations of Cubans to the US by any means possible also serve as a vent when the unrest and pressure in the country grows high enough that some folks might try and overthrow the dictator- if they're allowed to emigrate instead, that alleviates that pressure, at least in Cuba.

So, how does it end?
I don't think things don't "end" per se. For example, Communism didn't end in the Soviet Union, since now people are seeing the wrongs of capitalism and many want the old system back. It's not that cut-and-dried that one can say something or another ended. And there's no perfection in anything. Capitalism is rife with corruption and that's the economic philosophy being most promoted, but generally by those who have the money to promote it.

As far as Cuba, as long as Cuba has the U.S. right next to it forever trying to screw it (and it always has before), only very strong politicians will be able to keep the U.S. from overcoming it once again and choking it as it always has. I think Cuba is a victim of its geographical location and therefore its proximity to one hell of a controlling and savage country which considers itself king of the planet.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:58 PM

798 posts, read 1,455,456 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I think Cuba is a victim of its geographical location and therefore its proximity to one hell of a controlling and savage country which considers itself king of the planet.
Oh yes, the poor Cubans...

So that's why you need to be "kings" too because you are the king of the fraud since they all are playing the "victim" role ..

How many people do you know in todays big Miami medicare fraud sting?
I would suspect that you know most of them .
You Cubans put a communist in power thinking the government will give you all handouts. Then when you realized that papa Fidel didn't have much to give you, you jumped in your inner tubes to come to Miami where the the welfare check are bigger and the food stamps are extremely generous.
What makes you any better than South Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami