Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:32 AM

10 posts, read 9,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Of course not. Common sense should tell you that the individual in the thread referring to Nazis and kangaroo courts doesn't have the slightest idea of what he is talking about. There is no time limit for commercial vehicles parked in front of a home performing a service. Here is the info from the Miami-Dade government website:

Miami-Dade County - Building - Commercial Vehicle Parking & Storage

As for the one-hour time limit that the OP is referring to, he has misinterpreted what that is in reference to. It is from a different section of the ordinance titled storage or parking of vehicles on private property and pertains to the owner of the commercial vehicle making a convenience stop in front of (presumably) his own residence. It is the property owner's responsibility to know who or what is parked on his or her own property.

That's exactly what the fine was for.
That temporary parking is 1 hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Guess what, I know of a case of someone who was fined for parking a tow truck at his home, and he does not own one, he is an accountant! The tow truck was picking up his car to take it to the shop. His lawyer solved the problem though, If you think that code enforcement cares about the county ordinance you are a fool. ALl they care about is revenue and that is why they took over the hearing from the circuit court. Why do you think that traffic court is fair while Kangaroo court is not? The hearing has only two criteria for guilt, are you the owner of the property and are you responsible for the alleged violation?

Unless you have actually been fined or dealt with code enforcement personally you should not comment on something based on theory. By the way the MD website is not legal advice and has no bearing whatsoever, as stated on their own site. Look to Municode for the actual wording of the code.

TallRick you are a 100% correct. This is how it was explained to me and what happened

Old 07-26-2014, 06:38 AM

The hearing was for my mother

Old 07-26-2014, 06:43 AM

Guys listen. Stop coming to your own conclusions and listen to what I'm telling you. I parked it at my mother's hhouse for 1 day. No code officer spoke to anyone. They do not need to. He took a picture of a warning on the door and returned 1.5 hours later to write a ticket. A neighbor must have called it in. REGARDLESS OF WHAT A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE IS DOING THERE (WORKING, PERSONAL VEHICLE, BROKEN DOWN, EXT) it can only be parked on a residence for a temporary time of 1 hour. NO EXCEPTION. that's all there is to it. This was explained to me by the hearing judge

Old 07-26-2014, 09:01 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
My home got a code violation for hedges being too high. Ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that the code enforcer had no jurisdiction for that type of violation.

The problem with it is that my neighborhood is private property. Those types of codes don't apply here. Got it taken away with a few phone calls.
Wow, never heard of someone having a hedge that is too high.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:51 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Only rich people who live in mansions are allowed to block the view of their homes for privacy.

The rest of us have to make sure the looky lous have an unobstructed view of our homes.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:58 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinvasion2 View Post
I was mine. I was currently searching for commercial parking. It doesn't matter if there is work being done or not. Let's say it would have been another company working on my house. I would get the fine not the company because I am allowing it to happen on MY property. Doesn't matter if I'm there or not.
See this is what I'm talking about. The OP is saying that a commercial vehicle that belongs to someone doing work at your house can't be parked there for more than an hour. So they have to install the kitchen and be out of there in 59 minutes or less. Same for flooring, a pool being put in, a new roof, etc. Those must be some incredibly fast laborers. I guess the company is supposed to pick the workers up and drop them off at your house and then they can call to be picked up?

OP, I think you have seriously misunderstood the law as you can see how ridiculous this sounds. I know Miami Dade has extremely inept people running it, but this is just beyond stupidity. You would be constantly hearing about this because it's just so ridiculous.

This was because the truck was parked there not doing any work. I agree they should give some warning days in advance of a fine, but the law simply CANNOT apply to a company doing a job at a residence. My husband has been in business since the 80's and none of his customers have ever been fined for him being parked there. He goes a minimum of two times to each customer, both times for more than an hour. A lot of times it's all day and night.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:01 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post

All the people in my neighborhood who had hedges that divided their property from their neighbors and that hedge went all the way to the sidewalk had to cut them down to a certain height. They came one day and either fined everyone or gave warnings. I don't know which because we don't have hedges. They said it's because you won't see the car backing out of the driveway if you're on the sidewalk. Makes sense but I've seen tall hedges in lots of homes here.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:08 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,864 times
I had a commercial guy doing work at the new house, plus about ten other contractors for three months when I first purchased this home, no way and no how could tenting, wood working, p,umbing, electrical etc could be done in a hour.

This is a beef with a nieghbor that knows you live there or are with family. I would be very observant of the jones if I were you. To add to that you could since it a strictly code enforced area asked that thier roof be pressured cleaned as in Miami springs, that their driveway be pressured cleaned, that a SUV not be parked in a certain spot, etc, etc, etc.....

Never live in a place where the folks have nothing better to do.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
All the people in my neighborhood who had hedges that divided their property from their neighbors and that hedge went all the way to the sidewalk had to cut them down to a certain height. They came one day and either fined everyone or gave warnings. I don't know which because we don't have hedges. They said it's because you won't see the car backing out of the driveway if you're on the sidewalk. Makes sense but I've seen tall hedges in lots of homes here.
Ahhh, ok high hedges that go all the way to the sidewalk, that I can understand. How low did they have to cut them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: