Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 PM

438 posts, read 653,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstevesG View Post
Let me clarify, how rare would it be for me to meet or see couples in Miami where the guy is around this complexion and happens to be a latino.

and the woman is anglo and looks somewhat like this, attractiveness aside she happens to be white and anglo and dating a guy that looks like the above

BECAUSE where I live I am that kind of couple and facing issues due to it.
Most guys who live in Miami are latino and have around his complexion. Most girls who live in Miami are latino and have around his complexion too. There aren't many white girls like her living in Miami anymore. If you are Latino and dating a caucasian girl who's that beautiful people will notice and they will talk, though not to your face. But the talk will be benign, and its more likely to be envy than anything else.

Move to Broward or palm beach instead. Less homogenous...more diversity and tolerance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 10:10 PM

10 posts, read 37,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
Most guys who live in Miami are latino and have around his complexion. Most girls who live in Miami are latino and have around his complexion too. There aren't many white girls like her living in Miami anymore. If you are Latino and dating a caucasian girl who's that beautiful people will notice and they will talk, though not to your face. But the talk will be benign, and its more likely to be envy than anything else.

Move to Broward or palm beach instead. Less homogenous...more diversity and tolerance.
okay so in broward and palm beach, would couples like that be super rare?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
so you are more likely to see a white anglo woman with a black guy than with a latino guy even though there are more latinos there?
No. You are more likely to see a white woman dating a white man, and black men dating black women, and latino men dating latino women---just like anywhere else. You are over-thinking this though. People in south Florida date across racial lines as they please, but you will see more of this in Broward county than either Miami-Dade or Palm Beach---for the reasons that Starfishkey mentioned. I seriously doubt that anyone here will stare at you, or call you names, or throw stones at you, or burn down your house because you're an interracial couple. Most people in these parts won't bother you or care. Its not at all like the way you described the place where you now live. Fort Lauderdale or one of its burbs might be a good fit for you.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't describe them as rare because I see them from time to time. I just don't think too much about them because to me they're just another couple. The reason I recommend Broward is because it is much more integrated than the other two counties.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:46 AM

249 posts, read 419,395 times
Quote:
I wish your idea was right but it isn't. I am in a relationship with a white female and though our parents agree with us being with each other and we love each other, society has made our lives hell for being together. Random confrontations, yelling out of racial slurs, and even the people that even somewhat know us trying to get us to break up and constantly commenting on the fact that our relationship is interracial and how rare it is. Just gets so tiresome after a while.
Nobody gives two ****ing ****s down here. Where do you live? I was going to say this is a dumb thread but apparently you live in an ultra backwards place.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:43 AM

264 posts, read 774,265 times
I've mentioned that no one really pays attention to that here but he doesn't care. He is just focusing on the negatives. Let him be paranoid and delusional about dating a white girl lol. Many people here are chasing the Latinas anyway lol, white women come in a close second, so they would probably love to date your tan ass and snack on your rice and empinadas!

Old 07-30-2014, 06:49 AM

683 posts, read 852,748 times
Quote:
I'm seriously starting to think you are trolling. About five posters told you Broward and Palm Beach is where you would see it more. They also told you there aren't many white American women in Miami. Also they said it doesn't matter here where ever you go that inter racial dating isn't a big deal. So at this point you are either trolling or slow to comprehend simple answers.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 AM

604 posts, read 617,742 times
remember that Latino is not a race but an ethnicity. Interracial couples, where both are latinos are quite common either in south Florida or in Latin America.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:42 PM

68 posts, read 97,462 times
yeah i too would like to know where you live lol. It seems rather odd for people to be so hateful towards you and your gf unless you come from a really backwards area

Old 08-04-2014, 12:02 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
so you would consider someone from lets say nicaragua and another from argentina to be in an interracial relationship? lol

Depends on the Argentinian and the Nicaraguan. I knew Nicaraguans of German stock in Miami and there are Amerindian Argentinians and dark morochos. I have family in Argentina and they are always complaining about illegal immigrants.

Returning to the question, I know many Jewish-Cuban, Irish-Cuban, Italian-Cuban couples. A famous example I recall was Jordan Marsh's wife or if we go back, De Valera. It seems they did meet through their church in the case of Catholics. I'm talking about many decades ago, so I guess that new generations are people like Cameron Diaz or Bezos, the founder of Amazon.

Last edited by Miserere; 08-04-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami