Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM

10 posts, read 37,943 times

Advertisements

I hear that Anglo-Latino couples are common in Miami but is it mainly white guys with latinas or do you also see latinos with darker skin dating anglo white girls? I do not consider a Messi or Raul Esparza dating a white woman to be interracial but i do consider a latino as dark as Wilmer Valderrama or Adam Rodriguez dating a white anglo woman to be interracial and the focus of my thread.

How rare are couples like that in Miami?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 05:11 PM

67 posts, read 133,549 times
It's not exactly common. Some people look down on it.

But it's not really a big deal at all. I don't think it would attract any significant trouble.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantShoegazer View Post

But it's not really a big deal at all. I don't think it would attract any significant trouble.
I had a tough time understanding your answer.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:24 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
Well coming from someone that has almost all of her family interracial married it is not a problem here.

Me married Irish first husband, second husband midwestern Anglo.
Ex husband married a dark Jamacian woman.
Oldest son is married to a Peruvian girl.
Brother is married to a Anglo woman.
Sister long time partner is a Anglo man.
Cousin who is mulato is married to a Chinese woman and first wife was a Anglo woman.

I and my brother and sister are lighter skin Cuban but my brother can tan pretty dark. The examples you gave of a darker skinned Latino are really not that dark to me.

With the majority of the population in Miami being Latino you might find it more common then you think. I now also live in a very mixed community and see a lot more Anglo females with partners that are black or Anglo women with darker skinned Hispanics.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:54 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantShoegazer View Post

These days I don't think too many people would even notice it, at least not in a culturally diverse place like Miami, and most other places, for that matter. I know I wouldn't. If the couple is happy and good for each other, who cares what their race/ethnicity/whatever mix is?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:02 AM

11 posts, read 32,278 times
For God Almighty's sake - Miami and lots of western culture is not bifurcated into who's white, who's not dark enough, who's too dark or too white for RELATIONSHIPS of all kinds.

With respect, what planet are you currently living on in the 21st century in re Miami or many other global cities ???

The world, my dear fellow is not simply an easy division of "black, white, brown, yellow" anymore. It's a topic not worthy of consideration, unless you're an active or closet Kluxer living in some places in Mississippi, West Tennessee, East Tennessee, or maybe south Alabama.

Let's move on.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:28 PM

284 posts, read 640,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstevesG View Post
I hear that Anglo-Latino couples are common in Miami but is it mainly white guys with latinas or do you also see latinos with darker skin dating anglo white girls? I do not consider a Messi or Raul Esparza dating a white woman to be interracial but i do consider a latino as dark as Wilmer Valderrama or Adam Rodriguez dating a white anglo woman to be interracial and the focus of my thread.

How rare are couples like that in Miami?
so you would consider someone from lets say nicaragua and another from argentina to be in an interracial relationship? lol

Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM

199 posts, read 475,722 times
I guess Carlos Tevez [Argentine] dating Marifely Arguello [Nicaraguan] could be considered interracial.

Regarding the OP's question. No, it would not look out of place in Miami for a dark-skinned latin to date a "white anglo".

Old 07-29-2014, 03:41 PM

Let me clarify, how rare would it be for me to meet or see couples in Miami where the guy is around this complexion and happens to be a latino.

and the woman is anglo and looks somewhat like this, attractiveness aside she happens to be white and anglo and dating a guy that looks like the above

BECAUSE where I live I am that kind of couple and facing issues due to it.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:54 PM

683 posts, read 852,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstevesG View Post
Let me clarify, how rare would it be for me to meet or see couples in Miami where the guy is around this complexion and happens to be a latino.

and the woman is anglo and looks somewhat like this, attractiveness aside she happens to be white and anglo and dating a guy that looks like the above

BECAUSE where I live I am that kind of couple and facing issues due to it.

First off there are not tons of White American women in Miami. The white flight moved to Broward and now Delray Beach is the new destination. If you see a couple like this it would be in Broward more than Miami. Although I never saw many White women with Latin guys in the many cities I've lived in. They typically go black when they date out of race. I don't count SOBE because those are like 90% tourists.

There is no real problem dating inter racially down here compared to other states. I've done it plenty of times and didn't have any problems. In Miami Cubans are the ones with the race issues, but still it is nothing like Alabama or the country bumpkin states where people come up to you and say something or even stare a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami