Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:17 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,958 times

Advertisements

I'd rather have Amazon, at least they don't exploit their workers.
Correction, they treat their workers as trash.
Ikea is just like a garage sale, I'd rather have garage sale.
Instead of Ikea, why not allow a large area for Garage Sales?
Real garage sales, not professionals that seel at flea markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 06:49 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
ugh, just goes to show u ppl in Miami cannot wait to purchase their cheap crap.

Besides, Miami is like one of the last places in the country without an Ikea.... like seriously, wooopty freakin doo...
amazed that Orlando got one before Miami

Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
amazed that Orlando got one before Miami
Not really because the Sunrise location is still a South Florida location close enough to Miami as well as convenient to those from Palm Beach county,I'm in Miami and have been to the Sunrise one dozens of times.The Sunrise one was the first one in the state,followed by Orlando and then Tampa.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:11 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I also like to keep things in my cart so I can watch for prices changes. They fluctuate daily like the stock market!
LOL - it's true! You want to buy low!

Quote:
We made the mistake buying a couch online. We needed a very specific sectional configuration that wasn't available anywhere locally. Found it online - not Amazon - and we hate it. It's just not comfortable which is something you can't tell by buying online. It's very well made, forgot the brand, maybe Lane? and expensive, so we're stuck with it for awhile. You also can't really tell with colors when buying online and you can't really tell with sizing and how something fits. There are just some things that are better buying IRL. Believe me, I hate shopping IRL, especially in Miami. The less I have to leave my house, the better I can deal with living here! Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil for me. That being said, some people love the experience of going out shopping, as evidenced by the always packed stores and malls. People actually really enjoy doing that - as hard as that is to believe. And IKEA is one of those places that people love to go to. I do believe that sometimes you can see something there that you never knew you really wanted or needed by getting out there. Is that good or bad? I've gone twice to the one in Sunrise. Both times I had a pleasant time, but it's not something I'd do often. It was just an outing, something to do that day.
Did the couch have a lot of reviews that you trust to be true? I don't buy anything big like that without a ton of reviews on an independent site that I know are honest. Also, the color thing is a real issue with buying online - many stores that sell fabric furniture will send swatches if you ask, so you can decide ahead of time. I may to get a sectional myself soon, and my plan is to choose one in person probably because I am extremely picky, then go online and order it for the cheapest price with a highly rated company in exactly the color and model I chose in person. I'm not going to pay $7,000 for a couch, that is ridiculous. But in this case, I do want quality and the feel and color have to be just right. I'm not paying more than I would for a bean bag for something that is less comfortable than one. So I'm going to go really high end and get it clearance online, which I think is possible from the models I have looked at so far. That way you go out to an actual store, but the time you spend in it is way shorter, and you can still have free shipping to your house and a much lower price.

Impulse purchases are the worst! That's another reason why I try to avoid the stores in person - at least with Amazon, I can put it in my cart and sleep on it. I take pleasure in putting thousands of things in my cart, but in the end moving them all to "Wish List" and just buying like 3. At worst, I can return it for free. But going to the store, I get so frustrated after hours of circling without being able to decide (because nothing is exactly what I wanted, or something is but the price is ridiculously high and something else is cheap but not at all what I was looking for), and then I end up just grabbing something, or I see something I suddenly want that 3 hours before I didn't even know existed. It's a good way too go bankrupt and hate everything in your house! I used to be dragged to a Costco by my boyfriend years ago, and that is exactly why I learned to stick to Amazon - that place is one huge impulse buy of junkfood you shouldn't be eating and books and gadgets you didn't need until you saw them lying there! And then you eat their 100g of fat/slice pizza at the end because you feel like you'll pass out before you get to the parking lot, and then you sit in the car with $200 of stuff more than you meant to spend and feel like you wasted your weekend, and are every bit the gluttonous American you thought you weren't! These gimmicky stores are like a Black Hole of Shame...

Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 AM

68 posts, read 97,526 times
P.S kinda funny, after I wrote that post, I looked up and saw "IKEA opens August 27" and thought damn, did I post this trader joes thing in the wrong thread? But then I realized this is the same thread....and its so off topic haha (I guess now I'm to blame too!)

Old 08-26-2014, 01:36 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Also, if you ordered from FBA and the seller is in another state, you won't be charged sales tax then either.
But you still have to pay taxes on it. It's a moot point, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami