Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times

Advertisements

A while back I saw a sign in front of an apartment in Richmond Heights that said $850. That pretty much says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 AM

139 posts, read 277,673 times
I think the Wynwood, Design District, Midtown idea given where you will be working. I think you might be able to find something decent on the edges, and you will be in a nice central location. There is a neighborhood named Buena Vista that is north of the Design District at the south end of Little Haiti. That is definitely up and coming, you should check it out.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 3,461 times
Yeah, I've done some research into the areas and see that Design District/Wynwood/Midtown could fit my budget. How safe are those areas? Are they walking distance to popular night life, grocery stores, gyms, parks, etc...?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huehuehue13 View Post
Yeah, I've done some research into the areas and see that Design District/Wynwood/Midtown could fit my budget. How safe are those areas? Are they walking distance to popular night life, grocery stores, gyms, parks, etc...?
They're gentrifying areas. Wynwood is currently the new "hip" area nightlife was, but as others have said they're nice-ish pockets surrounded by some sketchy areas. You're probably going to want to do some research on the actual places you're renting as places advertised as near Midtown/Wynwood could be pretty undesirable.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 AM

366 posts, read 517,145 times
its miami. for 900 ur in the hood. maybe look at share accom on the beach at that money

Old 08-19-2014, 10:33 AM

139 posts, read 277,673 times
Quote:
Yeah you should find all those things within walking distance. Especially good restaurants and nightclubs. You have to be careful at night, especially in areas where there aren't a lot of people around. As a young guy, you should be able to handle yourself. Much of the crime are different clicks fighting each other. Generally speaking, things get sketchier as you get closer to I-95, in other words, the further east you are, the safer you are.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:12 PM

21 posts, read 24,439 times
Quote:
Hello,

I am a guy in my mid 20s that may be moving to Miami from Chicago later this year and am looking for some help regarding where to live. I will be working in Miami Lakes, but prefer to live closer to the beach/nightlife/younger, single people.

I am looking for a place that is pretty safe and has access to local bars, grocery stores, gyms, parks/beach. I enjoy running and basketball so having trails/beach/courts nearby would be great. I will also have a car so commuting should be easy.

If you are familiar with Chicago; I am looking for neighborhoods similar to Wicker Park, Bucktown, Lincoln Park, Andersonville, Lakeview, Logan Square, etc...

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I moved to Miami from Chicago about a year ago and have lived in almost every one of the neighborhoods you listed. First accept the fact that it is not Chicago here - thats why youre moving in the first place right? Having a car definitely helps your cause but youre not getting a spot included anywhere on that budget. Your age and what youre looking for you have to stay on the beach and most likely take some dumpy 400 sqft apartment. They are out there in south beach if you dont mind zero amenities and barrack like settings. On the plus side SoBe is definitley everything else youre looking for. Its about as safe as Rogers park - thats what it always reminded me of minus the multi-million dollar places on the outskirts. Flamingo Park is nice in the center and has all the park amenities youre looking for.

North Beach is worth checking out as well, pretty much everywhere in the neighborhood is walking distance to the beach. Little sleepier, family vibe - straight shot to South Beach, money goes a little further. Other than that maybe Wynwood for that price on the outskirts of the new/cool stuff. Think Logan Square 20 years ago.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:00 AM

19 posts, read 21,126 times
you're not going to find much for that price range in the areas you mentioned. also miami is not very walkable so you need a car. youll be driving a lot. i hate this place lol

Old 10-19-2014, 09:09 AM

43 posts, read 73,276 times
I live in Boca raton and love it. You should really consider Palm Beach or north borward counties. ITs nice to get away from the congested areas near Miami

Old 10-20-2014, 09:07 AM

6 posts, read 6,252 times
South beach would be great for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami