Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 12:23 PM

9 posts, read 20,032 times

Advertisements

Hey guys...

Just wondering if anybody knew any good like rock/alternative/indie/80s style bars where live bands usually play here in South Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area)?

I grew up here in South Florida, but I've been away in Lima, Peru for the past 5 years working and I usually hung out at el Sargento Pimienta in Barranco and other places like Help, Toro Bar etc (my fellow Peruvians will know what I'm talking about here lol) and these places are awesome, they usually have live local bands every other weekend and they do (relly good) tributes/covers to everything from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, the Strokes, AC/DC etc as well as their own music of course and it was really great fun. I remember a tribute to Daft Punk that the DJs at Toro did once and it got pretty crazy as well.

But yeah those places all had a great crowd of people (university students and young professionals mostly), just a laid back/alternative/indie vibe, good times, and really great live music.

Anyways, it was really fun! And now that I'm back in Florida I'm really missing it (besides all the awesome food back there in Peru)! So I was wondering is there anything like this in the South Florida nightlife scene?

I kinda feel like a tourist now cause I don't know where to hang out anymore! lol I'm sort of more into this sort of place and that type of music... not really into the whole new dubstep/grime thing going on now or really going to a place like Mansion or Space... which is really not my scene at all people wise, and its all pretty much mindless tiki taka music and top 40 dance mixes, which is ok sometimes if you're drunk and have some home girls to dance with, but I'm more of a rock and roll person! Like I don't know how to explain it, but I just have a greater time when I actually care about and know the lyrics to a song, and you can just sing along and like feel and live the music with every guitar riff and stuff, you know what I mean? Plus, beer!

Before I left to Lima, I used to hangout at the Vagabond and the Electric Pickle and it was fun, but I don't remember much live music if at all, really... Good times though, remember dancing to a dance mix of the Cure's Just Like Heaven! lol Heard the Vag is closed now though

Appreciate the help guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 02:04 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,380 times
Not a whole lot of selections, but there are a few. There are a few hole-in-the-wall places in South Beach, one on Espaniola just east of Washington (don't remember the name), and Clandistino Pub on Washington around 7th. I've also heard good things about Churchill's and Tobacco Road in Miami. Sandbar in the Grove, but it's mostly the UM crowd.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times
One of my best friend in childhood is still a part time band player, I will ask for you. Seriously doubt that Miami has some place, maybe really down south or Redlands.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:01 AM

564 posts, read 747,067 times
Open stage club in the Gables has live rock bands/acts playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami