Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 09:08 PM

471 posts, read 620,966 times

Advertisements

I need to have my Civic's A/C fixed after it mysteriously stopped working after I took my car to Braman Honda for an oil change service and 2 hours of wait time.

It is a 2012 and has 41K miles. Please if you know about an honest AC repair shop, the info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 09:16 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,886 times
I have mentioned it before but for us the Sears auto center in south land mall in the Kmart has been very good, speak to the manager.

We both have old cars ten and twelve years old, heq has told us a lot of times that we didn't need the repairs that say Jiffy Lube or friends recommended and told us if money was tight how long we could go with out drastic repairs.

Any repair or service was done and no NEW problems came up. yes they were a fair price but not the cheapest OR the most expensive but we felt like we paid for what we got and have taken our cars to them ever since discovering them.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,938,804 times
I also went to a Sears last time my car a/c went out, and they took care of it without any issues.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,011,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Please if you know about an honest AC repair shop, the info would be appreciated.
It's a bit of a hike, but I can recommend Auto Tech & Body in Pompano Beach. I recently bought a used Maserati for a fun weekend car at a dealership up there and wanted to find a trusted mechanic in that area to do a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) for me. I went on Angie's List and found that this shop had well over a hundred very positive reviews so I chose them. I was very happy with the PPI they performed for me as well as all the interactions I had with the personnel there.

Auto Tech and Body

Repairs and Service Auto Tech and Body

Old 09-22-2014, 03:10 PM

366 posts, read 517,023 times
2012 shud be under warranty. all new cars come with a min 3-5 yr warrantee

Old 09-22-2014, 04:53 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,011,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
2012 shud be under warranty. all new cars come with a min 3-5 yr warrantee
Honda's 2012 warranty was 3 yrs/36k miles and the OP stated he had 42k miles on his car. (Powertrain is warranted for 5 yrs/60k, but that is not relevant for OP's a/c problem.)

Old 09-23-2014, 02:07 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,126,453 times
Largo Honda in Florida City. They are the best. I've bought 3 Civics from them through the years and have always gone to them for service.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:21 AM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
I need to have my Civic's A/C fixed after it mysteriously stopped working after I took my car to Braman Honda for an oil change service and 2 hours of wait time.

It is a 2012 and has 41K miles. Please if you know about an honest AC repair shop, the info would be appreciated.
Artilles Auto Air Conditioner Corp. 4195 SW 74th Ave Miami FL 33155. (305) 264-0777.

I looked these guys up, and was delighted to see that they are still listed in the Miami Yellow Pages.

These folks had been recommended to my husband by a coworker, and maybe 15 or so years ago we took our 1992 Acura Integra to Artilles because the AC in it stopped cooling. We had taken it first to an Acura dealer in Miami, and they had quoted us a price of around $1700 or so to replace both the condensor and the compressor in the car. Generally it's the compressor that goes out first in cars ( or so we have found from experience with ours) so we declined their service. Mr. Artilles looked at the car, told us it was the compressor (as we had thought), and quoted us a price of $600 for a rebuilt compressor and the labor.

He did the work, and approximately 3 weeks later the same problem occurred- no cooling. Generally car AC repair places replace old car AC compressors with rebuilt ones, and sometimes those rebuilt compressors don't last very long- when that happens the repair place should replace it with another compressor, but in our experience in Miami it doesn't always happen- mechanics charge for new and even more expensive AC repairs, telling you your whole AC system is shot.

So we took the car back to Mr. Artilles, he nodded, and said he'd replace this compressor with a good one, no charge. So he did, and the car's AC worked like a champ till we sold that car about 7 years later.

Mr. Artilles didn't speak English, and we weren't especially proficient in Spanish, but we communicated with him, and he with us, in half 'n half, so we were all able to carry out this deal to everyone's satisfaction. And IMO it was obvious he was an honest tradesman, and certainly knew his auto AC systems, and he was a nice guy besides all that. I've recommended his services a few times over the years, and I'm happy to recommend him to anyone.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
I have mentioned it before but for us the Sears auto center in south land mall in the Kmart has been very good, speak to the manager.

We both have old cars ten and twelve years old, heq has told us a lot of times that we didn't need the repairs that say Jiffy Lube or friends recommended and told us if money was tight how long we could go with out drastic repairs.

Any repair or service was done and no NEW problems came up. yes they were a fair price but not the cheapest OR the most expensive but we felt like we paid for what we got and have taken our cars to them ever since discovering them.
Thanks CubanChic

Old 09-27-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
I also went to a Sears last time my car a/c went out, and they took care of it without any issues.
Thanks Hurricane!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami