Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 AM

167 posts, read 246,409 times

Advertisements

I know and have been working in the S FL area most of my life. All you would need to do is look at the video alone where the various calls were coming in the Kendall area. Granted you do not have the gun & knife clubs you do in the "ghettos", but there is plenty of crime in the suburbs even if it is not as much, nor as violent.

There's crime even in small, little, "safe" towns. The point is that most crime here, and the violent and serious crime happen in ghettos and if youre crime related.

Also keep in mind that slugs from the ghetto do venture out of their neighborhoods to commit crimes as well. It is pretty well known inside LE circles that BOLO's for crimes that were committed in "nicer neighborhoods" are looked for in adjacent areas where the slugs most likely came from.

Yes, but it's not common and it happens everywhere, not just in Miami or in metro Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Actually Miami is a more dangerous place to be in than you think, and I know this from personal experience. So your comment about it being safe short of the ghetto's is not accurate.

However my question was not so much how safe is Miami in general, but rather putting forth the reality of how poor the police department has been for many years.
So when you do have trouble, even in places where you would normally feel safe, the unprofessional cops are not something you can depend upon. Granted their response times are not as bad as parts of Detroit, but the fact that you have bums behind the badge who should have never been hired in the first place, is something residents should be very concerned with.

`
That's the problem.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 AM

167 posts, read 246,409 times
^ that's an American problem, not Miami problem.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:59 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You mean to tell me that you are so obsessed with affirmative action that you woke up the other day, decided that you wanted to start a thread on the subject, searched the Internet until you could find an incident that in your mind was somehow related to affirmative action, and the best you could come up with were filmed incidents from 2010 showing a couple of former police officers who were subsequently fired for their dereliction of duty?

Okay, got it.
Nice try, but as everyone can see, you are deflecting. As it turns out the video I witnessed was in a thread locally that I had never heard about before. When watching it I decided this was a good example with accompanying video that illustrated a point I believe most people ignore or are unwilling to talk about. Furthermore many take an ambivalent attitude because they do not think it effects them, but they are sorely mistaken. So hopefully discussions like this might help to open their eyes to the ills of hiring inferior applicants just to meet a quota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylover1 View Post
^ that's an American problem, not Miami problem.
While you are partially right, it is worse in Miami mainly because we have such a large minority population. Therefore a higher % of people from X amount of the population will be hired as a result, instead of it being the most qualified. For instance in a town with few Hispanics that has AA, they will hire the top Hispanic guys because their quota will not demand they hire everyone who applies because they need to hire so many.
Regardless, whether it is in Miami more than other places or not, I'm hoping people come away from this learning that you cannot hire unqualified people by lowering the standards, and expect to get the best police department as a result.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:49 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1
Armed robbery going on while nearby cops refuses to respond because he is smooching his girlfriend
Totally disgusting........He should have been fired,anyone know if he was??

Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
^^^Read the thread. Yes he was fired.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:50 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Affirmative action in Miami Dade? LOL This thread is a joke. Maybe affirmative action so white people can get hired since they are only 15% of the county's population.

The cop that assisted me when I had my car accident in Broward was white from FHP. He was very unprofessional, he did not show up when the ticket was disputed and he used my car registration as scrap paper to take notes with a PEN. He also wanted me to drive a car 40 miles with obvious suspension damage on both tires. You would think FHP officers would know better.

Unprofessional people are hired all the time. Your ethnicity or race have nothing to do with it.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal
^^^Read the thread. Yes he was fired.
Thank you I read it closer! (I just skimmed thru before and missed it)

Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 PM

66 posts, read 323,723 times
Despite what other people say about Miami I've never felt uncomfortable living here.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:42 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Thank you I read it closer! (I just skimmed thru before and missed it)

Yep Dude, no worries. I understand....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami