Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:18 AM

43 posts, read 73,244 times

Advertisements

Every year it seems that traffics in Palm Beach, Dade, and Broward has been getting worse. The roads seem more crowded all the sudden. Its seems impossible to get from West Palm to Miami with out hitting traffic. Whats the heck is happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 08:50 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,896,158 times
That's what happens when you live in a city, and the population is growing, all while construction is going on on roads to keep up. Expect it to keep getting worse, unless SFL can finally install a reliable and extensive public transportation system.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
This has been going on for years...

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,083 times
Add any event like say holloween, or any other holiday, time change, rain etc and the aggression gets worse. Yeah it feels like as every year passes traffic gets worse.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,954 times
SNOW BIRDS MIGRATING SOUTH! Happens EVERY year when it starts getting cold up North!

Last edited by froglipz; 11-01-2014 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-01-2014, 10:43 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times
People doubling up and tripling up to survive in an increasingly ovepriced housing market. Working two or more part time jobs to get gas money. Just like rats running around in circles before the exterminator comes.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:38 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
People doubling up and tripling up to survive in an increasingly ovepriced housing market. Working two or more part time jobs to get gas money. Just like rats running around in circles before the exterminator comes.
I don't get it. You lived here in Miami for many years as I did. Then you moved to middle FL and all you do is bash Miami on every thread. Why even bother posting?

Old 11-01-2014, 01:41 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,505 times
I just came back from Disney. We went up on Sunday. The traffic going up was moderate on the turmpike, but coming down, there were several areas of bumper to bumper traffic. It was so heavy that I was wondering if we should come back down on 27 instead. Thankfully, travelling down yesterday, the traffic was moderate to heavy, but no bumper to bumper anywhere. The entire way down we constantly saw out of state plates. In all my years travelling the highways of FL I've never seen so many out of state plates and so much variation of states. It's usually just NY, PA, NJ, etc, but I saw lots of midwest and west coast plates too. Surprisingly absent, were Canadians. I didn't see even one. The worst part of the drive was the WPB area. Two lanes on the turnpike is seriously inadequate for that area.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:56 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I just came back from Disney. We went up on Sunday. The traffic going up was moderate on the turmpike, but coming down, there were several areas of bumper to bumper traffic. It was so heavy that I was wondering if we should come back down on 27 instead. Thankfully, travelling down yesterday, the traffic was moderate to heavy, but no bumper to bumper anywhere. The entire way down we constantly saw out of state plates. In all my years travelling the highways of FL I've never seen so many out of state plates and so much variation of states. It's usually just NY, PA, NJ, etc, but I saw lots of midwest and west coast plates too. Surprisingly absent, were Canadians. I didn't see even one. The worst part of the drive was the WPB area. Two lanes on the turnpike is seriously inadequate for that area.
I've been taking US27 to get to and from Orlando for a couple of years now,saves me money and the drive is a lot less boring, I actually enjoy going through the towns.Not really Clewiston and South Bay as there's nothing there but from Lake Placid north you go through a lot of towns that keep you somewhat entertained on the trip.Sure it takes a bit longer than the turnpike but it has positives.As far as traffic in Miami that gets worse by the day.It takes me like almost an hour to get home from work and that's only a 12 mile drive.I literally feel for all those people who have to do rush hour daily and have a 25-30 mile commute or longer.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:30 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,126,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I've been taking US27 to get to and from Orlando for a couple of years now,saves me money and the drive is a lot less boring, I actually enjoy going through the towns.Not really Clewiston and South Bay as there's nothing there but from Lake Placid north you go through a lot of towns that keep you somewhat entertained on the trip.Sure it takes a bit longer than the turnpike but it has positives.As far as traffic in Miami that gets worse by the day.It takes me like almost an hour to get home from work and that's only a 12 mile drive.I literally feel for all those people who have to do rush hour daily and have a 25-30 mile commute or longer.
I commuted 23 miles each way for 36 years. Traffic has gotten much heavier in the last ~10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami