Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 6,164 times

Advertisements

Hello guys,

I'm a professional in my high 20's. My company is transferring me to its office in Downtown (One Miami Building). I currently live in Broward, but I'm looking to move to Downtown/Brickell/Midtown to save time on my commute. My budget is up to $2300/month for a 1/1, if I could get something for less then it'd be great, but I don't know if that is possible. Based on what I've read, it seems like Icon Brickell might be a good option(but I don't know if it would fit my budget).

My priorities in order would be the following:

1)Being able to walk/metromover to the One Miami building would be a big plus.(I know they have some condos at this building, so perhaps this might be an option? but then again I have read horrible things about the parking situation/valet in this building).
2)Access to the metromover is also a big plus.
3)Being able to sleep(I don't mind living in a building with college students as long as I can sleep from 11p-5a), major construction/nightclubs noise would probably be a deal breaker though.
4)I'll have to drive to Broward or Doral a couple of times a week, so having quick access to the highways would be nice too.
5)A nice view of the city or bay would be nice too, but not as important as 1-4.

I look forward to your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 01:00 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
You really need a realtor. The privately owned condos in Brickell and Brickell Key ALL go through realtors.

I also like www.YellowKeyRealty.com because you can get an idea of what is available.

Most of the rentals available are not advertised.

I used Marc Middleton www.MarcSellsMiami.com

He's one realtor that will call you back.

You do realize that there is a crazy amount of construction happening downtown with no end in sight?

Old 11-09-2014, 01:21 PM

17 posts, read 19,746 times
Numbers 4 and 5 aren't difficult to come by, but numbers 1, 2, and 3 will be harder.

Parking at One Miami isn't too bad, but there are ~8 floors of parking, and you DO NOT want to park on that top floor. I would check out some of the buildings near AAA, and maybe even parts of Brickell too.

Getting a realtor is a good diea since you're on the renter side of the transaction. I've actually worked with Yellow Key before (with an agent named Marissa in Fall '13) and to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the way their brokerage does things, but to each his own!

Hope that helps!

Old 11-09-2014, 01:22 PM

17 posts, read 19,746 times
Numbers 4 and 5 aren't difficult to come by, but numbers 1, 2, and 3 will be harder.

Parking at One Miami isn't too bad, but there are ~8 floors of parking, and you DO NOT want to park on that top floor. I would check out some of the buildings near AAA, and maybe even parts of Brickell too.

Getting a realtor is a good idea since you're on the renter side of the transaction. I've actually worked with Yellow Key before (with an agent named Marissa in Fall '13) and to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the way their brokerage does things, but to each his own!

Hope this is of use to you!

Old 11-09-2014, 04:45 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
At your price range you'll have several good options for a 1/1. Just don't live anywhere that you have to go through the Brickell Ave. and 7th/8th intersections to get to the highway. In fact the highway access in Brickell is inefficient and way inadequate for the volume of traffic nowadays. I'd first look at the buildings immediately surrounding One Miami just north of the river, or One Miami itself, since then your commute is like a 5 minute walk (well, plus dealing with elevators).

Old 11-09-2014, 06:10 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,418,869 times
I had Axis in mind but #5 wouldnt do it. Brickell City Centre/ NINE Miami and SLS have all blocked its views

Old 11-09-2014, 10:53 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Check out the Loft II building if you want a great location minus all the hassle of Brickell.

Brickell for the time being is a better neighborhood than downtown as it is more lively at night, has better food options and more apartments, or at least more newer apartments for rent. That being said, Downtown is more walkabe and the traffic at Brickell really sucks. Also you will get a more professional not so much college atmosphere in the downtown buildings IMO.

So unless walking to some bars on the weekends is a must have I would say you will get more for your money in Downtown at buildings like Loft II, Vizcayne or 50 Biscayne.

The three buildings I mentioned above meet 1-4 easily. The view all depends on the unit. The south side of Loft II has good views all around.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:28 PM

Thank you guys!

blueherons: Thanks , I'll look into that website. I know there is a lot of construction but that's good for me since I might be involved with some of those projects! but at the same time I want to be able to at least sleep at night (I guess I'm a hypocrite) .

MiamiInvestor/Hurricane: It's good to hear that the valet situation is not that bad. Then it probably makes sense for me to look into One Miami first.

ace: I don't mind if it doesn't have a view as long as I have 1-4 covered. I'll look into Axis as well, since I see it is really close to a metromover station. I could probably take the metromover to Bayfront Park and walk from there.

FlyMIA: I'll definitely add those 3 buildings to my list. It'd be nice to be able to walk to bars, but since I'll be working most of the time, that's probably not a priority.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:24 PM

5 posts, read 4,390 times
Sent you a Direct Message with some more info. I agree with what everyone has said here, but also keep in mind that unless you're working from home, construction noise ordinances should prevent any disturbances. More specifically:

"Between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. the following day on weekdays, or at any time on Sundays or holidays, such that the sound therefrom creates a noise disturbance across and at a residential district boundary or within a noise sensitive zone, except for emergency work of public service utilities or by special permission issued pursuant to subsection (c)."

So don't let a construction site ruin a potential apartment, because the noise should be non-existent. I would, however, be aware of more real construction aftermaths, like traffic congestion, dust/debris, lighting, and of course, the a potential vanishing view/eyesore. Also, construction WILL start at 8AM, but hopefully you're already up by then.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:37 PM

Thank you guys!

blueherons: Thanks , I'll look into that website. I know there is a lot of construction but that's good for me since I might be involved with some of those projects! but at the same time I want to be able to at least sleep at night (I guess I'm a hypocrite) .

MiamiInvestor/Hurricane: It's good to hear that the valet situation is not that bad. Then it probably makes sense for me to look into One Miami first.

ace: I don't mind if it doesn't have a view as long as I have 1-4 covered. I'll look into Axis as well, since I see it is really close to a metromover station. I could probably take the metromover to Bayfront Park and walk from there.

FlyMIA: I'll definitely add those 3 buildings to my list. It'd be nice to be able to walk to bars, but since I'll be working most of the time, that's probably not a priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami