Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 12:32 AM

104 posts, read 115,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiesgotagun View Post
Have you checked out Sunny Isles Beach? Just across the Intracoastal from Aventura, it's on the beach front, lots of nice buildings and traffic just like Aventura. With Aventura you have to walk across the Lehman Causeway to walk to the beach. There is no sidewalk or barrier, it's dangerous, plus it's technically illegal. It's like walking on I-95. With Sunny Isles, you're right on the beach, as with New Smyrna Beach.
Sunny Isles has even more traffic than Aventura and they keep building more high rises which will make even more traffic along with the influx of corrupt (and obnoxious) Russians - NO Thanks! I have no desire to live on the beach in South Florida. A1A in Sunny Isles is already 6 lanes and they cannot widen that road anymore. Try running errands on any given week day and see how you feel. Also the average price for the same condo in Sunny Isles is much more than Aventura and Aventura has their own Police force and they do a good job.

Question to Aventura Condo Owners living around the Golf Course: How is life there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 10:38 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,013,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Also the average price for the same condo in Sunny Isles is much more than Aventura and Aventura has their own police force and they do a good job.
So you have come across the little-known secret that condos on the beach are more expensive than the same or similar condo further inland. Someone alert the media.

BTW, Sunny Isles has its own Police force as well.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:21 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,094 times
Well, don't expect to be taking cabs to the airport from Aventura unless you are ok with having to drop $50 or more each way. It is still quite a bit of distance... But there are reasonably priced overnight parking options at both airports, especially if you reserve it online in advance. In the case of MIA, you can actually park at the Metrorail overnight in the guarded garage for $4/day and use the train as your "shuttle." One thing to keep in mind though is Aventura is usually the last stop for shared van shuttles so it can take a while to get back home if you rely on them.

You may also want to look in to the Las Olas river front area of Fort Lauderdale where there's generally more going on than Aventura (can be both a good and bad thing) and it's much more feasible to just get a cab to FLL. And Tri-Rail goes to MIA with a free shuttle connection to downtown Lauderdale. They're about to build a new street car system ("The Wave") which eventually would go to the airport, and All Aboard Florida's station would be in walking distance. This could only increase the resale value. Aventura on the other hand doesn't really have any infrastructure improvements in the works, but it will be the more safe, desirable neighborhood for the foreseeable future.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:28 AM

696 posts, read 1,169,915 times
Aventura is a very nice town if you ask me, just in the middle of it all.

It has the mall, it's close to Bal Harbour, Fort Lauderdale, the Beach, Downtown Miami, and surrounding suburbs.

However the problem is in my opinion is they made it too small too too small, if I I ran the town, I would expand.

Gentrify some of these small surrounding towns and make Aventura more of a "city" in it's own.

Also the traffic problem needs to be fixed as many have already mentioned, it's still a new town though.

I'm sure in the future years to come it'll be better

Old 11-20-2014, 11:01 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,041 times
I don't know how the traffic problems can be resolved or improved if they keep building high rises. US1 cannot be further expanded and neither can many of the side roads. Unless they build multilevel streets.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:16 PM

30 posts, read 35,491 times
Hi there! We live in Aventura but we are Jewish and all our Jewish friends live here. We love it so happy hunting!

Old 11-24-2014, 11:04 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,689,444 times
Aventura is quite nice in my opinion. It's clean, relatively sceneic, it's close to the beach, it's got great shopping, it's not exactly close to Miami airport, but prob closer to Fort Lauderdale's... It's an OK area. It's very Jewish....it's very Russian and south American as well. I think to typical Americans they could encounter a bit of culture clash as some other cultures don't value personal space or know what "excuse me" and "thank you" means, but all in all....it's a good area I'd say.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:44 AM

14 posts, read 17,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Sunny Isles has even more traffic than Aventura and they keep building more high rises which will make even more traffic along with the influx of corrupt (and obnoxious) Russians - NO Thanks! I have no desire to live on the beach in South Florida. A1A in Sunny Isles is already 6 lanes and they cannot widen that road anymore. Try running errands on any given week day and see how you feel. Also the average price for the same condo in Sunny Isles is much more than Aventura and Aventura has their own Police force and they do a good job.

Question to Aventura Condo Owners living around the Golf Course: How is life there?

" I have no desire to live on the beach in South Florida"

That's the best reason for living in South Florida. Seriously. Outside of that there's hurricanes and low wage service jobs. Even if you have some work at home gig, what about if that craps out in 3 months?

And I've lived in both Sunny Isles and Aventura....traffic is about the same, Sunny Isles is more $$$ because it's on the beach.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:46 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiesgotagun View Post
" I have no desire to live on the beach in South Florida"

That's the best reason for living in South Florida. Seriously. Outside of that there's hurricanes and low wage service jobs. Even if you have some work at home gig, what about if that craps out in 3 months?

And I've lived in both Sunny Isles and Aventura....traffic is about the same, Sunny Isles is more $$$ because it's on the beach.
You poor soul

Old 11-25-2014, 10:41 PM

30 posts, read 35,491 times
Not sound like a prude but it really does help to be Jewish there and believe it or not the Police favor us over gentiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami