Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 04:44 PM

564 posts, read 744,787 times

Advertisements

I've never been in or caused anything even remotely resembling an accident, I am a very safe driver and what I'm talking about is not the same as what you're talking about but you decided to take an extreme case and make it the norm. We're obviously miles apart with our opinions, it's fine, we can't all agree on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

And thanks for the suggestion, but I've really got better things to do than to speed on the expressways at 2-3 in the morning. I know there's no shortage of people who do that, though, and when I lived in Miami I was aware of a number of rather spectacular crashes on the expressways over the years there during the wee hours of the morning- especially on the weekends ( SR 826, SR 836, I-95, and later, I-75.).

But you have fun. Are you an organ donor?
Are you implying that I'm going to die in a car crash?

Good for you that you have a busy life, I really have nothing to do so I usually just go drive in the highway to try to cause accidents and deaths just for the heck of it and for fun because my ego is small and my penis smaller. Are you always this gloomy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:23 PM

269 posts, read 245,514 times
5.23 - Traffic Lanes On a two-lane highway, you are allowed to drive on the left half of the roadway when it is safe to pass and passing is allowed. If the road has four or more lanes with two-way traffic, drive in the right lanes except when overtaking and passing.

Source: 2014 Official Florida Driver's Handbook (Page 55)
Florida Drivers Handbook Online 2014 | FL

Old 12-11-2014, 12:04 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,859,752 times
I used to work on Miami beach and my biggest fear was coming home from work at 6am. I saw several high speed deaths on the causeway. One involved the old Welcome to Miami Beach sign that was never built. Another tuned a very large Palm tree into tooth picks. The worst one was the four girls who managed to get their car up on the concrete divider and smash into a sign on 836 by the old toll booth by the old Orange bowl. You only have control over your situation you don't have control over what is coming at you. No matter if you don't speed you have to anticipate what the other driver is going to do. You have to expect anything at any time. No surprises that way.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:16 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,947,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
I used to work on Miami beach and my biggest fear was coming home from work at 6am. I saw several high speed deaths on the causeway. One involved the old Welcome to Miami Beach sign that was never built. Another tuned a very large Palm tree into tooth picks. The worst one was the four girls who managed to get their car up on the concrete divider and smash into a sign on 836 by the old toll booth by the old Orange bowl. You only have control over your situation you don't have control over what is coming at you. No matter if you don't speed you have to anticipate what the other driver is going to do. You have to expect anything at any time. No surprises that way.
That sounds like an awful commute.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,874,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Yea, but it is Oviedo, it is about as exciting as Christmas, well maybe more.

I feel safe in Oviedo, Miami is well......Miami.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
While I agree with the general spirit of your post I have to say one of the things that drives absolutely crazy driving in Miami is people driving slow on the left lane. It doesn't matter if you're driving at the speed limit, if someone is behind you and going faster you HAVE to get out of the way and let them pass. I want to murder someone when I'm in a hurry and I get stuck behind some idiot doing 55 or 60 on the left lane and another idiot driving right next to me at the same speed on the right lane and I can't go anywhere.

When will idiots learn that you are NOT supposed to drive slow on the left lane, it's called the fast lane for a reason and it is for people to go fast (duh) and for passing. Someone that thinks they're a safe driver because they drive slow is dumb, they're endangering other drivers. It's perfectly ok to go slow if they want, they just have to keep themselves to the right lanes.
Drivers shouldn't be driving faster than the cars in front of them especially in a highway, no matter how slow those cars are driving. That is reckless driving IMO. What if that car has to slow down because there is an object on the road?

Yes people should use common sense and leave the left lane as soon as the pass the vehicle(s) they intended to pass. The problem is that many people in South FL tailgate at high speeds to make other cars move back to the right lane or because they think they are excellent drivers because they tailgate all the time and haven't caused an accident YET.

I think the problem is that many people don't realize how dangerous driving is and think they are playing a video game. You can always restart your game if you lose but if you kill someone or handicap them for life there is no start over button.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:55 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,446,990 times
Miami the city proper sucks ass for the most part but Coral Gables, Brickell, Kendall, Miami Beach parts of it are super nice.Women in Miami can be rather superficial and trashy I found.. not going to lie but Miami Beach is a kick ass party scene.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
I think Miami's driving scene has been deteriorating to the point where anyone should buy a dash cam to protect themselves from any liability in the streets and expressways. We should follow the Russian example, dash cams are part of their culture now.

Everyday it is madness when I commute to/from work. Why go to Orlando when an hour stuck in traffic here gives you more emotions. Sometimes I get home in a bad mood and after analyzing what's the cause, I notice is the commuting experience and always having idiots who cut me aggressively, drive through the apex and cut me, tailgate me to force me go faster than the speed limit, etc.

I love my job, my family, my life in Miami. The only thing thing I dislike is the fact that we must commute by car and we must deal with the expressway madness.

Months ago an immature girl went through the red light and collided with my vehicle. The little 18 year old fake-blond turd, filled with tattoos all around her body lied to the police officer and since there were no street cameras that recorded the incident, the officer did not give her a ticket and I had to pay my car repair.

Most of the people drive over the speed limit, and civilized people that obey the laws are tailgated and forced to speed up.
Yes it's getting worse. I was also involved in a car accident recently because of a reckless driver who almost killed me and totaled my car on I-95. The police doesn't really care much. The man who hit me got a ticket but he tried to dispute the ticket and the policeman didn't even show up to court but I did.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:16 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,446,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Yes it's getting worse. I was also involved in a car accident recently because of a reckless driver who almost killed me and totaled my car on I-95. The police doesn't really care much. The man who hit me got a ticket but he tried to dispute the ticket and the policeman didn't even show up to court but I did.
That happens everywhere, people blaming the police for everything..

Old 12-11-2014, 09:23 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,874,696 times
i wouldnt drive in Miami everyday for any amount of money. Orlando is bad enough, and for many of the same reasons Miami sucks to drive in. But Miami is even worse, so no thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami