Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 10:54 PM

131 posts, read 130,961 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone ... i've never been to Santa's Enchanted Forest ... thinking of going however, I've heard that it could be a gang -&- trouble-makers paradise ... should I be concerned ? ... I'm middle-aged -&- even though I don't have the appearance of being trained in Muay Thai, Aikido -&- some Kung Fu ..., I am -&- would rather avoid trouble ... have the MDPD cleaned it up ?? ... Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 11:58 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,408,267 times
i havent been there in ages. The admission is expensive!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:14 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,788,876 times
I also haven't been there in ages but I was told years ago that it had, like most things in Miami, turned real ghetto and was no longer a family venue unless of course the entire family is ghetto, which is also very possible in Miami.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:40 AM

9,295 posts, read 14,183,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyinmiami View Post
Hi everyone ... i've never been to Santa's Enchanted Forest ... thinking of going however, I've heard that it could be a gang -&- trouble-makers paradise ... should I be concerned ? ... I'm middle-aged -&- even though I don't have the appearance of being trained in Muay Thai, Aikido -&- some Kung Fu ..., I am -&- would rather avoid trouble ... have the MDPD cleaned it up ?? ... Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. ....
I went last year, didn't notice anything awry, but it was not a weekend night and not particularly crowded.

I read reviews before going and most of the negative reviews focused on the agedness of most of the attractions, which is probably true, but going the first time it all seemed relatively new, especially the displays.

And of course many reviews focused on the rudeness of the employees, but, really, what do people expect of fellow human beings? Let's put aside fantasies and be realistic. In any case, I did not notice any employees being particularly rude, just normal human attitudes, in most cases reciprocal, as one would, or should, realistically expect.

Admission is not cheap, but it covers all rides and the space is long and surprisingly deep in the back end, so we didn't try every ride, not even close. Naturally the food is overpriced, but what would you expect, and you can eat at home before you go.

Since admission is not cheap and there is really nothing to steal, what would be the incentive for gangs or trouble-makers, unless they are entering illegally, without paying, and making trouble for kicks (which is certainly possible)?

In conclusion, I didn't hear or read anything about any security issues and I did not encounter any; admission is not cheap, but there is a lot to see and do, even if the attractions are aged. I didn't feel ripped off and it could be worth it to you too if it is your first visit (even a second), you want to splurge on one evening out on an entertainment park and you have no plans to do something similar elsewhere this holiday season.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:14 AM

798 posts, read 1,450,544 times
Default Oh come on man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I also haven't been there in ages but I was told years ago that it had, like most things in Miami, turned real ghetto and was no longer a family venue unless of course the entire family is ghetto, which is also very possible in Miami.

don't confuse ghetto with low-income families. They could be poor be still decent..

Old 12-04-2014, 07:29 AM

1,471 posts, read 2,064,258 times
Quote:

If you feel that you are not ghetto and the rest of the city is ghetto, you have two ways out:

1. Visit a shrink that will try to recondition you.
2. Move out.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:34 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,622,737 times
No, it's not safe. You may end up dying. Good thing u know Kung Fu....cuz that'll be super useful as the hail of bullets come at you.

jk, but seriously?

Yeah, it's safe. I went this year, it's completely safe. like why wouldn't it be?

Old 12-04-2014, 07:38 AM

1,471 posts, read 2,064,258 times
I just checked on Internet..Tropical Park, right?
Last time I was that high on Bird road it was manigua.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:57 AM

366 posts, read 513,473 times
ive been. nothing but kids n parents. safe as houses if u ask me

Old 12-04-2014, 08:02 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,904,368 times
Quote:
Define this or is this a cover up for being racist ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami