Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 06:10 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times

Advertisements

As a true representative of why Miami has gone into the toilet, look no further than "Downtown Doral". It is amazing, and depressing how ugly this project is becoming. An instant eyesore of stack em and pack em suburbia. Now I am biased because my first business office we put in the Koger center in the early 90's. That was a well kept, affordable safe place in the boonies filled with government tenants. There was an IRS office in the next building! I made the trip to the office at least once a week to Key Largo and while traffic could get bad, it was nowhere near as bad as now. A trip out on NW 58 street would be a dirt road ride along dump trucks to the Turnpike or you could crawl on the Palmetto. But you had well groomed lawns, trees to shade your car in the parking lot, impeccable restrooms and an authentic mid-century feel. Now you have the same generic overfilled look of extremely cheaply built commercial space with residential projects crammed in as tight as the boxes we used to throw in the dumpster.

I know where this is going, it has the same feel of Bakery Center/ Sunset Place/Omni/Miracle Center where big money piled into a concept that flopped as soon as the novelty wore off. Even the Doral Golf course is getting this ugly garbage development along with the tacky Trump name. What a financial black hole. Can you imagine the suckers paying 200,000 to live in a pigeon hole and sit in traffic for an hour to get around? Amazing and disgusting at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 09:07 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,453 times
I generally like density and I like the idea of Doral developing some kind of identity besides some endless suburbia in the middle of nowhere. As I can see you were use to the area being less developed an more country feeling but due to growth restrictions expect the developments to get tighter and tighter feeling.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:38 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Doral at its best!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8oNKyx27E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami