Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 07:17 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf&Turf View Post
I can't afford a boat, Cubanchic! As the vast majority of Miami's population! Your arrogance is representative of this town's shallow culture.
Well some folks would rather own a BMW that they can't afford or some folks like us purchased a used boat between family members and rather invest in a boating lift style. I understand some folks can't afford a boat but others can because they saved and spend accordingly. We just happen to like the outdoor life and in that respect makes our life in Florida that much more enjoyable, I was telling the op about my experience with boating since I owned a boat for more then twenty plus years.

First one was a small Boston whaler that we purchased and had to redo the haul to now having a 28 footer that we purchased at auction which was 15 years old but in good shape.

I am sorry that being someone that can afford a boat offends you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:17 AM

8 posts, read 8,296 times
I am planning on getting a sailboat (30ft +) almost immediately. The way I am planning it, if worse comes to worse and I can't find a place right away, we can always live-aboard for a while until the right house or condo presents itself. I am making a good salary and it will allow me to save more as well, plus being on the water makes it that much easier for us to experience the Miami lifestyle a little more once we get there. We have lived in an RV and in a hotel room during various relocations with no issues.
We love the water and being outdoors. Saying that we are going to "get over it" and never do that stuff again after living in Miami is not an accurate statement to say the least. We will be doing it more often than we do now, plus the fact that my new work deals with maintaining network communication across the pond to places like the Caribbean, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, all the way to middle and south america, I can see us participating in some island culture as well!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:34 PM

56 posts, read 69,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
I am sorry that being someone that can afford a boat offends you.
Ha ha ha! Is this guy for real?? I'm in no way offended by the fact you own a boat...I'm offended by your condescending tone.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer2014 View Post
I am planning on getting a sailboat (30ft +) almost immediately. The way I am planning it, if worse comes to worse and I can't find a place right away, we can always live-aboard for a while until the right house or condo presents itself. I am making a good salary and it will allow me to save more as well, plus being on the water makes it that much easier for us to experience the Miami lifestyle a little more once we get there. We have lived in an RV and in a hotel room during various relocations with no issues.
We love the water and being outdoors. Saying that we are going to "get over it" and never do that stuff again after living in Miami is not an accurate statement to say the least. We will be doing it more often than we do now, plus the fact that my new work deals with maintaining network communication across the pond to places like the Caribbean, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, all the way to middle and south america, I can see us participating in some island culture as well!
Then you'll do just fine here!! Best of luck!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM

Just one more question out of curiousity, if you can share: are you planning on sending your kids to private or public school?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 PM

8 posts, read 8,296 times
Well, I have been here a little over a month. We were in corporate housing in Brickell (condo in One Broadway) and have now moved into a great house in North Miami beach (Normandy Isle).

We absolutely love it here. Work is great, I am very glad I made the decision.

So for everyone on this post that commented, Thank you very much! We have been to north beach almost every day (We live less than a 10 minute walk from there), and have enjoyed a couple of dinners on the miracle mile in the Gables.

Now that things are slowing down a little bit, I was wondering if anyone had some advice on their favorite grocery stores. I am already planning on going to Trader Joe's (one of our favorites). I cook a lot of southwestern dishes, so a Mexican market that has a lot of dried chile's would be great.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
You might try the Flea Market on Us1 and SW 248st.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:29 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer2014 View Post
Well, I have been here a little over a month. We were in corporate housing in Brickell (condo in One Broadway) and have now moved into a great house in North Miami beach (Normandy Isle).

We absolutely love it here. Work is great, I am very glad I made the decision.
Congrats on your move and I'm very happy for you that you love it here.

BTW, you don't live in North Miami Beach. Normandy Isle is in the North Beach section of the City of Miami Beach. North Miami Beach is a separate municipality on the mainland. Many people seem to confuse North Beach and North Miami Beach even though they are not close to each other.

I'm in North Beach as well, in a condo on Collins Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami