Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 PM

249 posts, read 418,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
At first I thought you were being serious but the more I read your posts the more I think you're either an idiot that's here on this forum just to stir **** up or the most sheltered, innocent and naive person ever.

To answer your question, yes, Miami is a war zone, I barely made it to work this morning, but when you drive in Miami you learn how to swerve away from mortars and grenades exploding on the highway and fortunately I had enough money to pay one of the gangs the toll to drive on their territory. I only saw a few heads on stakes next to the kindergarten this time, like 5 or 6, so all in all it was a pretty normal morning here in Miami.

Please don't move here, it's over crowded as it is.
Hahahahaahaha omg. The mortars and grenade part, and tge heads on stakes just killed me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 07:09 PM

249 posts, read 418,071 times
And OP seems like the kind of person who will hate Miami and badmouth it on city data - but not because of crime. Just the culture shock. The rude people, bad traffic, high cost of living, and overuse of spanish.

Absolutely visit Miami, I think everyone should at least once. But you probably wont like living here.

Your friend is Colombian and quite frankly, he/she is looking from a Colombian POV. Colombians are huge in Kendall. Colombians are the 2nd largest latino group here, what they value isnt exactly what a small town white bread person values. No offence. It seems like the only people who like it here are rich of any color or hispanic of any income.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:12 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,055,515 times
Miami is Number #1 in the country in:

IRS fraud
Identity Theft
Credit Card Fraud
Insurance Fraud
Medicaid/Medicare Fraud

And the list goes on.

Yes, Miami is a shady place but that doesn't mean all of Miami is bad.

I would suggest to you an extended visit.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:28 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,890,625 times
Quote:
At first I thought you were being serious but the more I read your posts the more I think you're either an idiot that's here on this forum just to stir **** up or the most sheltered, innocent and naive person ever.

To answer your question, yes, Miami is a war zone, I barely made it to work this morning, but when you drive in Miami you learn how to swerve away from mortars and grenades exploding on the highway and fortunately I had enough money to pay one of the gangs the toll to drive on their territory. I only saw a few heads on stakes next to the kindergarten this time, like 5 or 6, so all in all it was a pretty normal morning here in Miami.

Great post! Tried to rep, but I guess I've repped you too much.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:36 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,927,312 times
Quote:
Miami is not overcrowded, it only seems that way in terms of too many cars with drivers who have no other viable option but to be on the overcrowded roads. Think about it: the only time you really encounter crowds here is during some special events (like Calle Ocho). Not saying I want to see Miami get overcrowded, but just that we've got a ways to go until we would get to that point (although some parts of Miami Beach can get crowded even without events, especially Lincoln Road and the beach itself on weekend afternoons).

Old 02-02-2015, 07:03 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,660,365 times
I feel like if the OP is naive enough to be asking questions like "will I be kidnapped or die if I move to Miami?" then perhaps the OP needs to pay Miami a visit and see for him or herself, because really..... It's ridiculous.
I mean Miami isn't exactly Pleasantville, USA, but it certainly isn't Juarez, Mexico either with gangs and kidnappings lol. How ......... ignorant?

OP, I suggest you pay the city a visit. Simple as that. If u make it back to Maine alive, then you'll have your answer.

Good luck

Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 AM

14,891 posts, read 12,052,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I also regularly pay rackets to the MDX gang. Very dangerous people.
ROFL, and the politicians.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:13 PM

696 posts, read 1,166,397 times
It's always the white people asking these type of questions SMH....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami