Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,062 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

In two weeks I will be in Miami for spring break (I'm a 22 year old male in college). Originally, me and my friend booked the trip, but because of an incident while skiing, my friend is no longer able to go. Since this happened so close to the trip time, I could not find others to take his spot. And the hotel is non-refundable so it's not as though I could cancel the trip. So I have a couple of questions

What do you guys think of solo traveling in Miami? Does anyone have any reccomendations/experiences

Any reccomendations for where to go to have fun/meet people (I like doing going out to the bars and what not, and I also enjoy going to the beach and seeing some of the touristy things...food, sights, etc)

How hard will it be to meet new people to hang out with? Where should I go? (or should I just hit on women at the beach haha)

Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 08:52 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
If you're into the party/club/bar scene (especially as a male) it will be tougher traveling alone.

Going to Miami, especially the Beach, is easy to enjoy solo if you're just looking to take in the sights, go swimming, shop, etc.

I'm not a nightclub person so I don't have suggestions there.

For food it can be a little tough dining alone. Solo is easy at Sriracha House,
Sriracha House

as well as Alma,
almamexicanamiamibeach

Both are very well priced, especially for a college budget.

Rosinella is also very good and on Lincoln Road if you're looking to do some people watching,
Rosinella Italian Trattoria | South Beach | Lincoln Road
Affordable prices as well.

For sight seeing, try the South Beach Walking Tour,
South Beach Walking Tour - A self guided Miami Beach attraction by Smart Walking Tours
Only $4.99 and the audio narrative tells you all about the different sites of significance in South Beach.

The best advice I can give is just relax and enjoy. You'll have the best time you make of it.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:00 AM

366 posts, read 517,145 times
if your coming for spring break and not prepared to buy tables when you go out id reconsider. spring break is the hardest time for guys to get in unless they are balling out of rolling with 5-6 girls. find urself a promoter thats willing to take cash tips at a decent club may be your only bet but that usually doesnt apply over spring break. ive always told my friends not to come to miami in peak season to park unless ur cashed up or rolling with a crew of hot girls cause ur trip will blow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami