Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:52 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
Miami needs some decent Cuban restaurants!!

I'm surprised that Miami doesn't have any Discount Tire locations. I always used them for my tire needs when I lived in San Diego and DC, but the closest one to Miami is in Orlando.
Also, I haven't seen too many laid back, tropical type bars. The kind you find in the Keys or in many of the beach towns further north or on the gulf side. It's almost like Miami wants to ignore the fact that it's right next to the ocean.
MB, at least in SoBe, needs more establishments that overlook the ocean whether restaurants or bars.

Tear down those sand dunes, or build the establishments on a higher floor. What's the purpose of dining on Ocean, paying good money, to see sand dunes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 01:10 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Not enough Mexican food places. For the love of Christ himself, bring me more Mexican!!! Please...

Old 02-23-2015, 01:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Not enough Mexican food places. For the love of Christ himself, bring me more Mexican!!! Please...
Have you tried any of these?

Mexican Miami, FL

Old 02-23-2015, 01:26 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
MB, at least in SoBe, needs more establishments that overlook the ocean whether restaurants or bars.

Tear down those sand dunes, or build the establishments on a higher floor. What's the purpose of dining on Ocean, paying good money, to see sand dunes?
Yeah, screw the local ecology, more overpriced high-rises!

Old 02-23-2015, 01:36 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post

Maybe the cost is a factor for those particular establishments along with the risks of hurricanes, that is if we are talking stand alone buildings.

The Fountainbleau probably has a nice restaurant overlooking the ocean as they have spent 1-billion dollar makeover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liV0lazxO7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2k7KifLsc

Here is a restaurant in the Fountainbleau

Last edited by perry335654; 02-23-2015 at 01:52 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 02:04 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,418,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This post reminded me of an article I read recently about developers that are trying to attract rich Chinese to invest in Miami real estate.

Sun, Sand and Stir-Fry? Miami Woos Chinese for Property: Cities - Bloomberg Business

The article points out Miami's lack of chinese restaurants.

"Noodle Shortage
If only there were more noodle shops.
“There are not enough Chinese restaurants, supermarkets and spas in Miami’s supply chain,” said Li, head of American Da Tang Group, a partner of state-run China Communications Construction Co. “These are challenges that must be overcome. We want to put in new restaurants and services that can cater to Chinese as well as everyone else.”

It's interesting that one hardly sees any asians in South Florida versus L.A . I've been working/living in South FL part time , but I am born and raised in L.A, so I am noticing the differences.

Mexican food is another one that you don't see too much of in South FL , of course there are a lot less Mexicans so that plays a big role.

There are some Mexican places in Fort Lauderdale area and they always seem to be busy , so there seems to be a demand and not a ton of competition.
Native Hong Kong born folks won't like mainlanders raiding their paradise. I already feel the resentment from the local Hong Kong expats here in Miami

I would love more decent hot pot places tho

Old 02-23-2015, 02:47 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
Yeah, screw the local ecology, more overpriced high-rises!
You don't need to be exactly a skyscraper to see above the sand dunes. Some places in SoBe have bars that overlook it, but many of them are tourist traps. Wet Willies I'm thinking of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Maybe the cost is a factor for those particular establishments along with the risks of hurricanes, that is if we are talking stand alone buildings.

The Fountainbleau probably has a nice restaurant overlooking the ocean as they have spent 1-billion dollar makeover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liV0lazxO7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2k7KifLsc

Here is a restaurant in the Fountainbleau
The Fontainebleau is great, but it's not close to me at all. I would have to drive or take a cab. Which is a pity, I live off Euclid and 15th, tons of great spots to eat on Ocean, 90% overlooking a sand dune.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Decent Spanish restaurant, not "tapas" crap, awful places with flamenco dancers along ocho, or overexpensive restaurants in Gables. Just more like a mom and pa place, focusing on regional food.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:43 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Some kind of invention that gets rid of bigotted Colombians who whine about Cubans every chance they get?

Why is that? I guess they came way after Cubans.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:41 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Why is that? I guess they came way after Cubans.
I was being sarcastic. I was referring to a certain poster who bashes Cubans in every thread even if it has nothing to do with Cubans, like this thread. I have nothing against Colombians - just people like this "member."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami