Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:50 AM

366 posts, read 514,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
LOL

IIRC, you've stated on this very forum that you're "self-employed."

You need to practice keeping your stories straight.
real estate investments and managed funds i dont class as working so label it any way you wish. self employed/retires wtvr makes you happy bro. relax on the Hateraid. you make it sounds like miami is your first born son and anyone that doesnt think its great needs to be personally insulted? just do u and let others express their own opinion even if it is different to yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,641,389 times
Pros:
Great Winter Weather
Gorgeous Beaches
Lots of things to do as far as festivals and street fairs
Beautiful natural areas
lots of water sports to take advantage of
lots of fishing
Great restaurants
Close access to the Florida keys
International flair

Cons:
Horrible drivers/traffic
somewhat superficial/uneducated vibe amongst a lot of residents..also a "ghetto fab" attitude sometimes as well
Rainy and wet Summers... I dont mind the heat..it's the constant rain that drives me cray sometimes

That's pretty much it for me.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,741,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
agreed. roses have thorns aswell. everyone that visits thinks its all roses. not until u live here does the truth come out and the thorns start to sting u. i call it the lebron theory. most ppl dont last 4 years and they bounce n go home cause the flakeyness and shadiness of a lot of ppl that live here. again.... more so in miami beach
Ha, the Lebron theory. I like that!

Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 AM

30,871 posts, read 36,796,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I also lived in San Diego, but I prefer Miami (Beach) more.

Ofc, I have a remote job, not based in Miami, so I receive a high wage and work from home and to make matters better I pay a Florida state income tax instead of a California... which is the equivalent of paying no income tax.

I don't care about the lack of English, I like it actually.

The overcrowding is an issue if you need to drive or park, but living on the Beach, I never drive.
This is great for you, but a very difficult setup for the vast majority of people to realistically achieve.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:00 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,920,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
This is great for you, but a very difficult setup for the vast majority of people to realistically achieve.
Very difficult indeed as habits don't change easily (neither do housing situations if you own a home!). But being in a situation where you don't *have* to drive everywhere can allow you to avoid peak traffic for those trips that you do need a car for, and can be more easily accomplished if you're just starting out down here. The main strategy is to avoid committing to as many mandatory peak hour trips in traffic as possible.

I probably drive "a lot" compared to many people on the Beach who don't have off street parking, but it's with Zipcar and Car2Go, and I pretty much refuse to do it during peak traffic. Also I check Google Maps to make sure I-95 is not randomly all red due to an off-peak accident (which is often the case...). However, my commute to Virginia Key involves two busses the Metrorail and the Metromover and takes an hour each way, which is obviously not going to work with many people's schedules and/or patience level. Occasionally biking or "run commuting" part of the way helps a lot Of course, I could live in Brickell and cut that down to 15-20 minutes on one bus or downtown and add another 15 minutes on Metromover or Citibike, but for me it is worth it to be on the Beach. (Also Virginia Key is not a major employment center--if you work in the downtown area or close to the Metrorail or the Trolley lines, it's obviously much easier to get to work without a car).

Old 03-03-2015, 07:14 PM

42 posts, read 56,952 times
I don't have any cons, but once you read this link, you will understand why...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisen...us#.esypXrKvdg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami