Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 07:39 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Considering a move to Florida City, so...would like to know some opinions from the perspective of locals
if Florida City is a nice area. It would be great to get some local opinions from residents as their vantage
point is from experience and not information from some website.
I have driven through Florida City while visiting Miami on my way to Key Largo. Loved the area and the climate is perfect , so rather than making a blind move I thought I might get some local advice.
The area looked just beautiful I thought.
Sincerely..... thankyou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 08:58 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
hello,
considering a move to florida city, so...would like to know some opinions from the perspective of locals
if florida city is a nice area.
no

Old 02-26-2015, 09:47 AM

823 posts, read 1,125,956 times
It's one of the worst areas of Miami-Dade. High crime and a lot of agriculture workers. Have you looked at the neighborhood map that stickied at the top of the forum?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 PM

Default No,

Had not looked at the map mentioned, tried but it would not open. I am getting the picture without looking at the crime map.
Bad area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
It's one of the worst areas of Miami-Dade. High crime and a lot of agriculture workers. Have you looked at the neighborhood map that stickied at the top of the forum?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:40 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,746,245 times
Op click on the second link and enlarge it to view. NO do not move down there and if you are looking in that area it must be because of the budget or just viewing from US 1.

You might be mistaking Redlands area or homestead for Florida city, which looks just as bad of some areas in Liberty city.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:32 PM

Default You are right,

I was basing my opinion of Florida City because of seeing the area from US 1.
I never left US 1 when I drove through. Haven't even searched on Trulia or any other real estate websites.
It must be a pretty seedy area judging from what responses I have read here. Does not look good so far.
Thanks for the responses, this is just the reason for the question of my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Op click on the second link and enlarge it to view. NO do not move down there and if you are looking in that area it must be because of the budget or just viewing from US 1.

You might be mistaking Redlands area or homestead for Florida city, which looks just as bad of some areas in Liberty city.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:57 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
The Redland area (just north of Homestead) or Homestead itself, is much nicer than Florida City. I would not recommend moving to Florida City at all! I have lived in the Homestead area since 1978.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:03 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
I was basing my opinion of Florida City because of seeing the area from US 1.
I never left US 1 when I drove through. Haven't even searched on Trulia or any other real estate websites.
It must be a pretty seedy area judging from what responses I have read here. Does not look good so far.
Thanks for the responses, this is just the reason for the question of my post.
The western side around Lucy st it's probably the worst area. A lot of abandoned windowless bungalows and closed businesses with windows all board up.

I don't know about the Eastern side. It doesn't look as bad except maybe for some trailer parks. I would also recommend Homestead over Florida city At least Homestead is a city with more tax revenues. The per capita income in Florida city is one of the lowest in the nation. You would see people in the western side having street barbecues and hanging around on the street. There is also a lot of crime there, especially burglaries. I never lived there but I had to visit the area around Lucy street for a year and it was kind of sad seeing so much poverty, especially when you see school children.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:20 AM

Default Cuban Chic,

I thought housing extremely reasonably priced. I will try Redlands. Thanks a million.
Any more suggestions, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post

Old 02-27-2015, 06:32 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Quote:
I thought housing extremely reasonably priced. I will try Redlands. Thanks a million.
Any more suggestions, please?
I don't know of any apartments in the Redland, there might be some homes for rent. Check on Homestead as well. The Redland (no 's') is an agricultural area with wholesale nurseries, vegetable fields, tropical fruit groves with homes scattered about. No apartment buildings, townhouses or condos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami