Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:25 AM

23 posts, read 41,088 times

Advertisements

Who cares if it's superifical? It's an outdoor beach city that is beautiful and has a lot of wealthy people and good investments you think miami is bad, Lmao go to Europe or Latin America. It's usually only lower class people who have problems with people dressing and looking nice and looking wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 05:46 AM

366 posts, read 513,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboyforlife100 View Post
Who cares if it's superifical? It's an outdoor beach city that is beautiful and has a lot of wealthy people and good investments you think miami is bad, Lmao go to Europe or Latin America. It's usually only lower class people who have problems with people dressing and looking nice and looking wealthy.
or u could go to a country that has money as see how they behave in public. aka australia. being a douchebag is not acceptable in any culture

Old 05-15-2015, 04:54 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,561,560 times
Miami is a city of fashion or do you prefer this?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:19 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,829,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboyforlife100 View Post

this is wrong, and confusing, dont even know where to start.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:24 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,829,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Miami is a city of fashion or do you prefer this?

I prefer this. Tee shirt and shorts, or whatever casual is my style. And I make more money than I bet most in Miami, but I dont act like they do, or try to, should I say. To some, "Miami is a city of fashion" like you say. But to others, Miami is also a dirt poor city.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:32 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,561,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I prefer this. Tee shirt and shorts, or whatever casual is my style. And I make more money than I bet most in Miami, but I dont act like they do, or try to, should I say. To some, "Miami is a city of fashion" like you say. But to others, Miami is also a dirt poor city.
Maybe but if they are "poor" they are rich in culture!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:44 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,883,027 times
Everyone's defintion of good fashion and culture is different.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:57 PM

696 posts, read 1,162,713 times
It's superficial because the weather is hot, the beaches are hot, and women are even hotter and plenty of rich people like that.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:28 AM

683 posts, read 847,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
this might open a can of worms lol. miami is known across the world, not only the USA, of its douche bag and gold digger culture. it really does your head in as when you meet people it feels like they are selling you something not talking to you.
Pretty much. But you can't visit any other place and see so many beautiful women in close proximity. For a city to be so small versus major cities in the US. You just walk about anywhere and see a dime piece. That being said most of the women are a financial liability. The ones that are really making money are taking trips to Dubai. *vomits*

Then the media got a hold of Miami and made it even more popular. It will never change. It was fun years ago, that culture wasn't as prevalent, not now. Most people are living on credit with tons of roommates or living at home with parents. But they still will have high end gear and a newly leased BMW. It's pretty comical. So glad I moved. I do miss how I can take quick weekend trips to the Caribbean and such a low cost.

Last edited by deboinair; 05-16-2015 at 03:38 AM..

Old 05-16-2015, 10:46 AM

7,370 posts, read 6,425,961 times
there's superficiality in other places as well (FauxCal, I mean, SoCal)....warm weather, good looking people, and wealth (or appearance, thereof) always attracts wannabes....a couple of basic questions--and what their answers are and how they answer--usually makes it fairly easy for me to determine who is a 'be' and who is a 'wannabe'.....in general, if someone goes out of their way to tell me how great they think they are, how much they make, how often they get laid, etc. there is a 97% chance they are not that great, don't make much, and aren't getting laid (i.e. full of crap)....maybe it's the ex NY'er mentality in me-if you try and pass yourself off as great, there will be a dozen other people taking shots at you forcing you to prove it--like crabs in a bucket; as soon as one is about the escape, the other crabs pull you back down. Humility is a good trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami