Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 11:02 PM

7 posts, read 6,969 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

What are your thoughts on living in Park West vs Omni East End vs Omni West End?

I'm a 20-something female looking for relatively affordable rentals (wouldn't mind with a roommate or two) so safety as well as accessibility is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 06:49 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Omni East End near the bay and east of Biscayne Blvd. Oh! We need to know your budget too.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Omni East End near the bay and east of Biscayne Blvd. Oh! We need to know your budget too.
Oh, I'm sorry about that! Ideally, less than $1000 (with a female roommate) - I know it's a big ask but I've done it in a big city before (while living in a great neighborhood) and I'm hoping to do it again!

Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shynot02 View Post
Oh, I'm sorry about that! Ideally, less than $1000 (with a female roommate) - I know it's a big ask but I've done it in a big city before (while living in a great neighborhood) and I'm hoping to do it again!
Ok! Less than $1000 is basically a car payment in Miami! Just kidding! You are going to need a room mate for that rent in the areas you want to live in.
Omni East would be good since you have a Publix at 17th. street & Biscayne Blvd. and is near public transportation.
Forget Park West for now....female and Park West don't go together. It's scary and I'm not a female! You need a good Realtor too so I can hook you up if you want.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:31 AM

564 posts, read 747,165 times
Now I'm a little confused, I always thought Edgewater was located in between 17th and 36th or 37th more or less, but I found information saying the Omni goes up to 24th, so do the two overlap?

Anyway, I'm actually moving to that exact area very soon, with a roommate, and couldn't find anything east of Biscayne Blvd for $1000 or less, and if you have a car you can count on another $100 extra for parking, but who knows, maybe you get lucky. Scan Craigslist everyday and you might find something.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
To give you an idea, some people are renting rooms in houses for around $1k... Kind of depressing. Not only us, but restaurants and local businesses are dropping like flies and being replaced with

You may have to look further up Biscayne Blvd. Or down in the Roads, Coral Way, or Coconut Grove. Or even over in Miami Beach--believe it or not, the low-end rents there are actually cheaper than Brickell, Omni, and Midtown, though of course you don't get the same building amenities. North Beach and the Alton Road side of South Beach are much less touristy. Best bet at the low end is to find a complex where the management has put out a sign with a phone number, often it's a company that manages multiple buildings and doesn't deal with realtors and agents.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:24 AM

These are really awesome suggestions, you guys! Please keep the suggestions coming! Would you say that a car is needed in Miami? My office would be located right on the border between Omni West and Park West so it would be nice to be near walking distance or so but I'm wondering if the rental prices would be worth it versus cheaper rent elsewhere and driving in.

And also, thank you for being kind and courteous in your responses. I'm currently making decisions between moving in different cities and those in other forums have been downright rude - was definitely a little off-putting to see as someone new to city-data.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:43 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Park West is definitely along with Omni West a work in progress, much construction lies ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami