Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 AM

106 posts, read 431,672 times

Advertisements

My company has some stuff in Miami, close to South Beach. I have to go there a couple times a year, and I'm getting burned out on the whole Ocean Drive/South Beach thing. While the food is generally good, it's over priced and the service is often... lacking.

So I'm looking to find some place some what close to South Beach and/or the seaside mall area. As my hotel is in South Beach and we work around the Seaside mall area.

I'm looking for any type of food, for any meal (I admit though that I generally eat breakfast at The Big Pink because I like the food, it's ok priced and I normally get reasonably good service). I will have a car so I can drive some place, hopefully not more than 20 - 30 min drive though. Budget would some place under $50 for dinner or $25 for lunch (if it's a really good lunch thing I can reverse those though ).

I really do have pretty diverse tastes, do like spicy food, seafood, Asian, etc... So looking for something new, good, and maybe not something someone originally from California, now living in Colorado would have had before. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,448,766 times
When you say Seaside Mall I assume you mean Bayside Marketplace in downtown Miami???? Some different places to try would be Tobacco Road just west of Brickell Ave. its a hole in the wall kind of place but it has a lot of history and its cheap. For dinner you could try the Mexican restaurant or Oceanaire (a chain restaurant not sure if it would fit your budget????) at Mary Brickell Village. Also on Brickell Gordon Biersh, Deli Lane, Au Bon Pon, Perricones all good. On Brickell Key theres a good Italian restaurant called Brassiere.

Then a few minutes south in Coconut Grove there are a few other restaurants. Scotty's Landing is on the water a cheap plastic chairs kind of place. Mr. Moes and Green Street Cafe, The Sandbar, Senor Frogs are some of our cheaper favorites there.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:19 AM

224 posts, read 1,001,012 times
I love Zuperpollo on Coral Way (cheap and delicious)... Chocolate on Coral Way is also pretty good and within that price range...

Now in the Gables, you can have a field day... There is a ton... Cafe Abracci, Christie's, Gastronomia, Puchettas, Gables Diner, Graziano's. Nexxt, Bugatti, Pascals to name a few...

Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
When you say Seaside Mall I assume you mean Bayside Marketplace in downtown Miami???? Some different places to try would be Tobacco Road just west of Brickell Ave. its a hole in the wall kind of place but it has a lot of history and its cheap. For dinner you could try the Mexican restaurant or Oceanaire (a chain restaurant not sure if it would fit your budget????) at Mary Brickell Village. Also on Brickell Gordon Biersh, Deli Lane, Au Bon Pon, Perricones all good. On Brickell Key theres a good Italian restaurant called Brassiere.

Then a few minutes south in Coconut Grove there are a few other restaurants. Scotty's Landing is on the water a cheap plastic chairs kind of place. Mr. Moes and Green Street Cafe, The Sandbar, Senor Frogs are some of our cheaper favorites there.
I apologize, yes I mean Bayside Marketplace. The place where they launch the cruise ships from and the arena.

Thanks (to both you and spyderman33) for the recommendations, I'll take a look at them.

Also where is a good place to get some good LOCAL micro-brews? One time I asked in the bars/liquor stores in South Beach and I just got blank stares...

Lastly... if there is just some place that the food/service/whatever is so great that I really should go, price be damed. Company will only pay the first $50, I will pay the rest

Old 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM

350 posts, read 1,521,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheeze View Post
Lastly... if there is just some place that the food/service/whatever is so great that I really should go, price be damed. Company will only pay the first $50, I will pay the rest
Well if that's the case:

http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/

I've never been there myself, but have heard great things. Be prepared to shell out some bucks.

I just realized it's a chain, don't know if you're interested in that.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:55 AM

Thanks nicsma2002, but yea I'm not really looking for any high-end chain places. I can find them any place, looking for something more unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami