Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 12:55 PM

38 posts, read 59,498 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

This weekend my cousin and I are visiting 1 of our cousins in Orlando (20mins from the Airport) Friday Morning and driving down to Miami Saturday afternoon. I am an IT Professional in my Late 20's and he' works in Investment Banking in his mid 30's. We're single and would enjoy being in Safe but Fun, not overpriced but great value area. We have taken numerous vacations to South Beach in the past mainly for partying and relaxing by pool, as our friend had a condo lease at the Flamingo for sometime but this time he' doesnt have it and we're looking at other more fun better bang for your bucks options. We're currently looking on AirBnb for places to stay in and lots of nice options, so we have come down to $300/per night max with Gym/Pool/Free Covered Parking/Balcony and water views. We have found a few but it looks like in different towns like

- Miami Beach (North of South Beach) btwn Surfside & South Beach around Indian Creek
- Brickell, Edgewater, Wynwood, Downtown Miami
- Hallandale Beach
- Sunny Isles Beach

We're looking at a few things to do during the day and night time, except this year we might or might not party in any major SoBe Club and enjoy our car rental and drive somewhere else.

Other ideas of things to do is
- Key Largo
- Key West (Might be too far and too much driving in 1 day ? )

Any other tips/recommendation is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 03:55 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Key West is definitely to far for a one day trip, you really need two nights for Key West. Key Largo is great, John Pennekamp State Park has many different things to do from, kayaking, paddle boarding, diving, snorkeling or even a glass bottom boat ride if you don't want to get wet.

Have you looked at hotel rates, they should be pretty cheap this time of the year, as its our low season.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:49 PM

thank you doggiebus

Old 07-22-2015, 04:21 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,864 times
Charter a fishing trip in key largo and there are many places that will cook your fish that you caught to order in largo as well.

Right off of holdover you can rent a boat and anchor off the sand bar in the inlet and have a blast partying at low tide.

Take a sunset cruise through the inlet on the various boats that offer them and enjoy the sights.

Take a tour of historic little Havana and sample some local fair.

You can make a day trip to marathon key and take the tour right before the seven mile bridge to where the workers lived while building the bridge then come back to sunset grill right off of that point enjoy a day by the pool and good food.

Those are some of things just off of my head but I bet I can think off more.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Charter a fishing trip in key largo and there are many places that will cook your fish that you caught to order in largo as well.

Right off of holdover you can rent a boat and anchor off the sand bar in the inlet and have a blast partying at low tide.

Take a sunset cruise through the inlet on the various boats that offer them and enjoy the sights.

Take a tour of historic little Havana and sample some local fair.

You can make a day trip to marathon key and take the tour right before the seven mile bridge to where the workers lived while building the bridge then come back to sunset grill right off of that point enjoy a day by the pool and good food.

Those are some of things just off of my head but I bet I can think off more.
This sounds pretty amazing we're dominicans so we'll definitely enjoy all of Miami.

Any links to these particular places ?

Thank you

Old 07-22-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanNyc View Post
This sounds pretty amazing we're dominicans so we'll definitely enjoy all of Miami.

Any links to these particular places ?

Thank you
Here are some links, lazy days will cook your catch for you and we love eating their regular menu as well.

Sunset Grille & Raw Bar - Home

Pigeon Key - Marathon Key Florida Keys Official Tourism Site Heart of the Florida Keys

Island Queen Cruises - Miami, FL - Miami Sightseeing Tours | Miami Attractions

Best Sunset cruise in Miami Beach, FL

Haulover boat rentals are available because we have seen folks do so but I don't know of a company to recommend and you really need to know how to anchor at low tide and when to leave at the lowest tide point or else you will need a tow but I am sure there might be some party boats that the captain will take you out to the sandbar.

There are also a buch of places on key Biscayne where you can rent kayaks, parasailing, paddle boards and more.

We also have Vizcaya, the Deering estate, the wynwood area for the funky side.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Here are some links, lazy days will cook your catch for you and we love eating their regular menu as well.

Sunset Grille & Raw Bar - Home

Pigeon Key - Marathon Key Florida Keys Official Tourism Site Heart of the Florida Keys

Island Queen Cruises - Miami, FL - Miami Sightseeing Tours | Miami Attractions

Best Sunset cruise in Miami Beach, FL

Haulover boat rentals are available because we have seen folks do so but I don't know of a company to recommend and you really need to know how to anchor at low tide and when to leave at the lowest tide point or else you will need a tow but I am sure there might be some party boats that the captain will take you out to the sandbar.

There are also a buch of places on key Biscayne where you can rent kayaks, parasailing, paddle boards and more.

We also have Vizcaya, the Deering estate, the wynwood area for the funky side.
where do you recommend for us Single Professionals to stay in Brickell, Wynwood, Edgewater, Downtown Miami ? We' use to stay at a relatives condo in Flamingo but this time we want something better than that if we can find it.

thank you so much very appreciative on your help.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:45 PM

All these places would be fine, I suggest looking into Airbnb look into Miami and they have a section that describes all those areas. Wynwood is more of a funky artsy place with a lot of really cool street art and a bunch of pop up restrurants. Brickell is where most young professional folk live but restrurants and a few lunges get filled up quickly so expect long wait times.

Downtown Miami will be much more exciting once some major projects are done like world center.

Maybe some of the younger Cders here that live in edge water or downtown can tell you more.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:29 PM

After a stressful week+ of search.. I have come down to 2 places , 1) in Edgewater and 1) Brickell
I'm going with Edgewater due to faster response from the host and also going to save $200 although the Brickell Condo looks more luxurious for 3 days I'll save the money and spend it on other things

I wanted something with balcony water views similar to what I'm use to in SoBe stays, but with more of a city feel.
I hope to find some nice places to drive thru in Edgewater/Wynwood/Downtown/Brickell as I hear a lot of about them.

Can't wait to go home and look at these links and see which day would be best to visit Key Largo.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:51 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Haulover. That's right between Sunny Isles and Bal Harbor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami