Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:55 AM

719 posts, read 1,332,198 times

Advertisements

So.... I guess as American people we should do nothing, and not try to combat mother nature and just let it have it's way with us?!?!? That is the main issue I have with my own American people. Reason and facts over opening your eyes. You can find many facts over the internet if you care to research them, but i don't have that expectation if you are confident the issue is comparable to, "the world being flat". Of course alternative energy is going to be expensive because we can no longer continue to operate and function the way we currently have since the 1920s to present day. We are in 2015!...It's not going to happen. If that were the case, San Diego county would not be spending 1B for the Carlsbad Desalination Plant to pump 50 million gallons a day to supply 70% of their drinking water. The planet is changing and it's not just in the US..... Now, people can read between the line and see the actions that are taking place b/c of the sea levels, droughts, etc, or they can debate the issue. Again, regardless if it's man made, natural progression of earth or w/e the case, the climate is changing, and all people like myself are saying is, "Hey, lets designate money to continue our lifestyles, since we are committed to a certain level of sea rise the next 30 yrs( a mortgage cycle), and start to innovate to take us into the future". This is a global issue and it's crazy that you cannot get people to even "understand" that there is a change taking place. Who wants an I-phone 4 when you can have a 6+. You gotta keep up and adapt to the changes. That's all I'm sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 12:48 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,725 times
You know what? We have done our part. We can't do anymore. China, India, Russia and Europe have to do their part. You can't continue to put it on the backs of America. Volcanos and forest fires do 1, 000,000 percent more than humans ever do to the climate.

California has mountains that block in the smog. May be we should blow them up so the air can get through. Would that make you happy? Personally I can't wait for the beach front property.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:21 PM

719 posts, read 1,332,198 times
Miami Beach, FDOT Working on $25M Band-Aid to Combat Flooding on Indian Creek Drive - Curbed Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami