Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,776,901 times

Advertisements

I always "felt" that Miami was rude. But I didn't realize how much until I had to return to the Pittsburgh, PA area for physical rehabilitation (the health care is better up here...sorry guys!). I've been here since December, and it's weird how everywhere you go, people start talking to you. Whatever the "hot topic" tends to be. For a while it was Britney Spears....then the Super Bowl (eh...this is a big sports town). Oh and politics is a big topic here too.

But perhaps that's because Pittsburgh is more culturally homogenous. I mean what are the chances that I could walk up to someone in Miami and they even know what the heck I'm talking about. It's an explanation...but still doesn't change the fact that people are rude.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
I always "felt" that Miami was rude. But I didn't realize how much until I had to return to the Pittsburgh, PA area for physical rehabilitation (the health care is better up here...sorry guys!). I've been here since December, and it's weird how everywhere you go, people start talking to you. Whatever the "hot topic" tends to be. For a while it was Britney Spears....then the Super Bowl (eh...this is a big sports town). Oh and politics is a big topic here too.

But perhaps that's because Pittsburgh is more culturally homogenous. I mean what are the chances that I could walk up to someone in Miami and they even know what the heck I'm talking about. It's an explanation...but still doesn't change the fact that people are rude.

Everytime I go to an "American" city or town, the same happens to me. You can be at a bar and start talking about whatever with the person standing next to you; the same in a restaurant, everywhere; people is friendly, educated, polite, nice. And for me, being a male, it is amazing how different American females are; the words they use to treat a guy (sweetie, baby, honey) specially in the south, is awesome; is just a different world; the first world.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:01 AM

7 posts, read 28,967 times
Default Yes

I've been to a lot of cities in the US and the world, and Miami is the rudest I have ever been in. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for years and worked in Miami, I would say 99% of people are rude. I guess this is what you get when you mix all the south american countries into one small area. In my experiance, a lot of the countries in Central/South America dont really like each other, and when you are close to people you dont like, of course tensions will be high.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:14 AM

361 posts, read 837,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLeBlanc View Post
I've been to a lot of cities in the US and the world, and Miami is the rudest I have ever been in. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for years and worked in Miami, I would say 99% of people are rude. I guess this is what you get when you mix all the south american countries into one small area. In my experiance, a lot of the countries in Central/South America dont really like each other, and when you are close to people you dont like, of course tensions will be high.
Come in France, you'll see what rude means

Old 02-11-2008, 05:37 PM

18 posts, read 74,928 times
It is ignorance, Miami is a 3rd world city without the advantages which makes it worst than a real 3rd world city.
I think spanish people are racist in general it's their culture, they all have beef with one another.
Spanish culture to start with is cruel in general u can trace that all the way from Spain, their origin is from a lot of arab invasions and colonies from way back, so my point is that the culture plus the absence of education and manners makes Miami and because it is contagious people tend to be mean naturally.
worst city in the Americas!

I know France well and u can't compare Miami is way ruder than France, they may not like Americans very much but who does beside Americans themselves, they are just saying it loud, which is to me total different subject.
Miami is by far the biggest ****hole in the area

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-11-2008 at 07:23 PM..

Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiasma View Post
Miami is by far the biggest ****hole in the area
Yet there are still people that still want to move here. For the "weather" which if they did some research they would find not that great. For the "sun" that I have to admit is nice. People believe Miami is the same as when they vacation here, unfortunatly vacationing in Miami and living in Miami are two different experiences.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
You all hate Miami so much it's almost hilarious, but not quite, because some of you really believe what you are posting. Seriously guys, go out and take a deep breath or something. SMELL THE CLEAN AIR!!! Oh wait, it's probably polluted because it's in MIAMI and it doesn't matter what the EPA says its polluted!

Guys, what is your agenda? What is it? Just answer!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM

To tell the truth!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:23 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
What conspiracy? Miami is one of America's rudest city. Some place has to be....so why not a place with low wages, intense heat, many different cultures that don't always get along?

Many posters feel that Miami is rude above and beyond the ordinary big city rudeness. I don't know if it has something to do with so many people not actually having roots here, aspiring to be models, the area attracting a young and beautiful type (but superficial at the same time)...or if it has more to do with first generation children of immigrants not identifying with their parents' values nor the American mainstream values yet. Maybe it is a combination of all of this. Many people that live here echo this same sentiment offline.

I can't imagine how anyone could argue that Miami ISN'T rude sincerely, surely you have to realize how obnoxious people are here compared to other places. If it were like this everywhere, people wouldn't make such a big stink about it, specifically here in the forum. I find it funny that you don´t even acknowledge that it is so dysfunctional. I am a normal person, not negative or racist in the least, but I won't deny how people are here. I have traveled so I know it is NOT this way everywhere. There are rude, uneducated people everywhere, but they are not in the majority in other places. There seem to be a lot of people living here that dislike it here...that probably has something to do with it as well. But, it would seem like we tend to attract more rude and unhappy people per capita. Even misery loves the sun, right?

People are generally more humane and friendlier anywhere else, in Latin America, other large US cities...and of course in small towns. Miami just seems to bring out the worst in people. Be dammned I can explain it completely. The one post I read though that came the closest was something like, "people like it here because this is the only place they can act this way and get away with it". That is soooo true. I am in shock because you genuinely seem to believe your posts about all of the country being like this....

Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM

Chelito- Great post!

Did you hear the story on the news today. A six car pile up on US1 in South Miami last night caused by a woman on crack. One of the SUVs involved in the wreck had a mother and her two small kids in car seats. Her SUV flipped and as she was trying to get her kids out of the car because of the leaking fluids (kids are strapped in their car seats upside down) someone walks up to her car and takes the mothers purse. The thief doesn't come over to help the mother, but to rob her. So this family is involved in a crash, SUV probably totaled, and she gets robbed. And this was in the better area of Miami. Great people we have here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami