Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 01:09 PM

16,901 posts, read 16,053,839 times

Advertisements

South Beach is good. The only thing wrong is you, original poster.
Go somewhere else if you do not like it.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:10 PM

699 posts, read 607,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
South Beach is a poser-foreigner-rapper-wanna-be area where anything goes. It is a highly over-rated area. NFL Quarterback Peyton Manning stated privately he would never live in his push Continuum Condo and his contract to sign for the Fins was almost the same as Denver but he chose Denver because of Miami's social anti-assimilation problems. I know people who know Manning, so this is fact. Bottom line, if you choose to live SoBe then you must accept all the negatives there. IMO SoBe is unstable, transient, foreigners, flooding, direct hit Hurricanes, traffic, over-populated, etc. Have a nice day.
Every place has problems, but for me South Beach is a little slice of heaven. Everytime I come back after my summer stays in Europe, I'm reminded why I love this place.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:42 PM

301 posts, read 366,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
Every place has problems, but for me South Beach is a little slice of heaven. Everytime I come back after my summer stays in Europe, I'm reminded why I love this place.
I suppose it all boils down to *where you came from*. You appear to be a Foreigner since you mentioned "Europe". If you came from damp, rainy and cold UK then SoBe will mist likely appear to be heaven to you. I'm Native Floridian and grew up a few hours away from Dade County. My idea of heaven is probably the South Pacific. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Git Her Done; 12-07-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 12-07-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I suppose it all boils down to *where you came from*. You appear to be a Foreigner since you mentioned "Europe". If you came from damp, rainy and cold UK then SoBe will mist likely appear to be heaven to you. I'm Native Floridian and grew up a few hours away from Dade County. My idea of heaven is probably the South Pacific. Have a nice day.
It's not just the weather that makes South Beach 'Heaven' but the atmosphere and amenities. Hawaii has better weather and scenery than South Beach, but that's about it. I'd never live there for example. Rio de Janeiro has the atmosphere and city amenities but it's a city in a developing country with problems that go along with all of that.

Miami Beach to me strikes the right balance for me and many people who live here between weather/beaches/vibe/city amenities.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
It's not just the weather that makes South Beach 'Heaven' but the atmosphere and amenities. Hawaii has better weather and scenery than South Beach, but that's about it. I'd never live there for example. Rio de Janeiro has the atmosphere and city amenities but it's a city in a developing country with problems that go along with all of that. Miami Beach to me strikes the right balance for me and many people who live here between weather/beaches/vibe/city amenities.
Where are you from? Born? Grew up?

Old 12-07-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Where are you from? Born? Grew up?
lol why do you care so much?

Born: Los Angeles, CA.
Grew Up: Venice, Italy.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
lol why do you care so much?

Born: Los Angeles, CA.
Grew Up: Venice, Italy.
So indeed you are almost European. Now I understand your obsession with SoBe. And L.A. is not exactly a great place to live or be from -- it's a huge traffic jam now. I lived Calif in the 80s and now live in Rio part-time. I care because in order to understand why you love South Beach so much, I need to understand where you came from. Have a nice day.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
It's not just the weather that makes South Beach 'Heaven' but the atmosphere and amenities. Hawaii has better weather and scenery than South Beach, but that's about it. I'd never live there for example. Rio de Janeiro has the atmosphere and city amenities but it's a city in a developing country with problems that go along with all of that.
I bet if you could afford the dual lifestyle of living on the Beach in Florida and in Rio, you would do it. But you can't afford it so you have to settle with SoBe. I'm also very curious how long you've lived in SoBe because the area is so transient - People come and go all the time. 5-7 years is usually the limit when people move on. I bet you rent also?

Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,918,808 times
Yea Miami was acknowledged some years ago as having or being the cleanest city, especially in terms of air quality. It is a flat city which has no mountains or valleys, not even a hill. The breeze from the accompanying bodies of water blows all those pollutants away.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I bet if you could afford the dual lifestyle of living on the Beach in Florida and in Rio, you would do it. But you can't afford it so you have to settle with SoBe. I'm also very curious how long you've lived in SoBe because the area is so transient - People come and go all the time. 5-7 years is usually the limit when people move on. I bet you rent also?
I can afford it as I live a dual lifestyle in a more expensive city than Rio - Geneva, Switzerland. I just don't have time, my summers are there, and everything else here. I vacation in Rio though, property there is very cheap (unless you're on the water), certainly compared to Geneva.

It's cute you're trying so hard to become personal. I rent? No, I own a town-house and a condo that I rent to others. Shows how insecure you are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami