Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:29 PM

138 posts, read 153,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
How ridiculous. They should just fly them back to Cuba. They are owed nothing.

https://cubanisms.wordpress.com/2012...2000%E2%80%8F/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuito View Post
The Countries involved are approaching it from the humane point of view, granting them a pass thru Visa. If I get it right such Visa is valid for 30 days; if they haven't passed thru it becomes an illegal stay and subject to deportation. It would be a burden for each involved nation to foot the bill to deport, hmm 6,000 humans. Sadly, the human traffickers in Mexico are probably rubbing their hands.

I wonder how, dry foot/wet foot is interpreted if they arrive by land. I don't think they can just walk to the booth at border control and show their Cuban passport. Is there like a "neutral zone" where you're not, technically standing on US territory yet?
This is how the dry foot/wet foot policy works:
All Cuban nationals that step foot on US territory, are automatically granted refugee status and paroled into the country for the first year and 1 day, they are required to report to immigration officials and pass health
and criminal background checks, if everything is cleared during that first year and 1 day, no arrests,good moral character, etc..., they are allowed to apply for permanent residency(green card),under the Cuban adjustment Act of 1966.
All Cubans picked up by the US Coast Guard in the Florida straights trying to make to the US , are processed on the Coast Guard boat and unless they can prove they will be tortured, jailed or killed by the Cuban government,are sent back to Cuba.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
No. I just like to hear English. It's not like we aren't in America or anything. I love different cultures. Those different cultures speak English along with their native tongues. I don't like the Miami Cuban culture. They were given a city and have some serious entitlement issues. Fort Lauderdale is better place to live or anything North of Miami IMO. This is why most Cubans are in Miami, because they can't get away with their shenanigans anywhere else.

It's my opinion that US tax dollars shouldn't be used to help Cubans who don't bring anything to the table.
I think people who are always complaining about not hearing English are just NOSEY, then get mad cause they can't understand what others are saying,if you have no personal business or relationship with that person you shouldn't care what language they speak.

America is not a country is a continent.

Cubans were not given a city, what a ridiculous and ignorant comment.

Most Cubans are in Miami so they don't have to deal with the racist,ignorant trash that abounds in the rest of FL.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:17 AM

55 posts, read 51,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
Not to mention that the most dangerous neighborhoods in Miami are not made up of immigrants (legal or illegal), but of "native" English-speakers.

Indeed, I used to move around in a Vespa and I ran out of gas in Liberty City. I was lucky enough to be just besides a catholic church ran by a priest from galicia, I can't remember his name. He told me that the Lord gave me a new life that day. That priest had a radio show and was some sort of doomsday sayer, very funny.

Hispanic areas were not dangerous, you only had to double tie everything during 1980 and 1981 in places like 8st and Nw. because of marielitos, but the bad ones were dispatched soon.

Kendall experienced many slaughters, but it was drug killings, not related to people.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:19 AM

400 posts, read 515,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
This is how the dry foot/wet foot policy works:
All Cuban nationals that step foot on US territory, are automatically granted refugee status...
All Cubans picked up by the US Coast Guard in the Florida straights trying to make to the US , are processed on the Coast Guard boat and unless they can prove they will be tortured, jailed or killed by the Cuban government,are sent back to Cuba.
I got that, but I was referring to the situation going thru an established land border pass. By sea they manage to set foot on any of the keys, they are in US territory.
I've done the trip by land, thru Mexico, with a US Visa. At several points the Authorities stop You and if the purpose of your pass thru is a visit to the US, they demand proof of a US Visa. This intensifies as you approach the Mexico/US border, and most (if not all) with no US Visa are detained right there.
Mexico does not have a Cuban Adjustment Act, sooo all these 6,000 people will be given a clean exit stamp from the Mexican side and told: "RUUUN! Until both your feet are on the other side of that line you see there!"

Old 12-30-2015, 01:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
You have got to be kidding me! Typical Cuban overdramatization of things.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuito View Post
The Countries involved are approaching it from the humane point of view, granting them a pass thru Visa. If I get it right such Visa is valid for 30 days; if they haven't passed thru it becomes an illegal stay and subject to deportation. It would be a burden for each involved nation to foot the bill to deport, hmm 6,000 humans. Sadly, the human traffickers in Mexico are probably rubbing their hands.
Funny how initially it was just 2,500 Cubans stranded in Costa Rica. Now it jumped up to 6,000(!). This year alone, over 43,000 Cubans entered the US illegally. That's 1/3 the number of Cubans who entered the US through the Mariel boatlift. And that's just this year alone. That number does not include the 20,000 Cubans who are allowed to legally enter the country every single year. And now, an additional 6,000 Cubans will be allowed to enter the US, illegally, all in the name of "humaneness". At the rate it's going, Miami will soon be around 90% Cuban and just 10% everything else.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Funny how initially it was just 2,500 Cubans stranded in Costa Rica. Now it jumped up to 6,000(!). This year alone, over 43,000 Cubans entered the US illegally. That's 1/3 the number of Cubans who entered the US through the Mariel boatlift. And that's just this year alone. That number does not include the 20,000 Cubans who are allowed to legally enter the country every single year. And now, an additional 6,000 Cubans will be allowed to enter the US, illegally, all in the name of "humaneness". At the rate it's going, Miami will soon be around 90% Cuban and just 10% everything else.

Very ignorant,racist post,They will enter the U.S.A LEGALLY,and the only reason they are coming it's because they can enter LEGALLY, so take your racist,ignorant trash B.S. somewhere else,turn off fox news and rush limbaugh for a few minutes and go outside,fishing or something.
Why do you care?,will any of this people affect your life? if you hate Cubans so much , you can move to 99.9% of the rest of the U.S. to avoid them.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:19 AM

55 posts, read 51,559 times
Reminds me of a person that lived in Boca Raton and absolutely hated everything Jew.

He went beserk everytime he saw a Shoa conmemoration poster, he went crazy everytime he saw signs of Jewish festivities.

Those people have to "git going" because Jews and Cubans will not be going anywhere.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:47 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,690 times
These are guaranteed Dem voters, once they get to Florida and get on the welfare system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami