Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 11:02 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
i hate it here in Miami

iv been living here since katrina

too much traffic (everyday, anytime)
too many rude people with an atittud and a high ego
too many whores/*******
too many stupid women
lack of jobs
loack of money
low wage/salary

miami is only good for the rich and the old

for a peninsula, it is way too crowded and racist
the diversity here doesn't exist, all races/ethnicity stick to their own, no mixing like in new work
too many men and too very few women, making it very difficult to find a relationship and or a fertile woman to be with or have a relationship with, there's almost no women in miami that are single while the majority of men are single

the people here are very selfish

all my relationships have been by women who come to miami from somewhere esle recently, i go my furthest to after all the women that are recently moved here before any other guy does due to the overproduction of men and not enough women, so im always the first to get them before any other guy does, so you literally have to fight just to get some random non-miamian recently moved woman.

the vibe here is not so good, too many old people and not enough young people

i get along way better with the older people and non-miami born young people (my age group 20-30)

too many cubans (not that i have issue with them, i actually get along with them, but they only help eachother and not non-cubans) so miami is their prime-North Cuba

miami is not America

i call it North Cuba
According to the census, women outnumber men in Miami. It seems you are confusing your own personal issues and problems and blaming Miami for it. It's you, really, it's you, not Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 11:27 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Miami is indeed a unique, interesting, vibrant city, no doubt about it.
However, I feel the cons outweigh the pros....

I'll start on a positive note:
The weather
The beaches
The nightlife
The restaurant scene
There's an energy or vibe about Miami. . non-tangible
All amazing.

The cons:
The people-- while many nice people around, there are equally as many rude/aggressive people. Miami people overall seem aggressive and borderline violent. Whether one is on the roads, in line at Publix, waiting at a drive-thru at Starbucks, there's always somebody right there willing to cut you off, cut in front of you, cuss you out, etc... And I understand why.... because Miami is a fast-paced, hectic, and sometimes frustrating place to live.

The traffic-- part of why people are so aggressive. Because when you've just spent 90 minutes sitting in traffic and the 17th person has cut you off...you're ready to lose it on someone. It's like death by a thousand paper cuts. All these little annoyances build up over time and now the slightest thing sets you off.

Large swaths of just ugly, strip-mall filled suburbia-- Yes, the beaches are beautiful. Brickell and downtown are stunning as well. But beyond that? meh.... Go to Kendall, West Chester, Hialeah, Doral. . . All very meh... Nothing special. Not particularly beautiful. Kind of bland, flat, lack of tree having land... Just strip malls, houses and apartment complexes. Nothing interesting to see there. Rather ugly.

The mentality of many in Miami is that of conspicuous consumption-- shopping just to shop. Having designer clothes, having a flashy car, living paycheck to paycheck, living in debt, "ballin out" with money you don't even have. The whole "ghetto/fabulous" life. It's very "in your face"... again, not a bad thing and not everyone is like this, but there's like this far-reaching culture of it here...more so than say NYC or Chicago..

A lot of people in Miami like to brag "I live where you vacation"... and are almost smug about it, which is laughable because most people live out in the boring western suburbs where literally no one vacations...the irony makes me laugh.

Inaccessibility to nature-- there's nowhere to go with large ares of open space. Yes, there's parks and whatnot, but you usually have to pay on the weekends. So if you dont wanna do that...there's not really any wide open spaces anywhere.. Also, the beaches are packed...parking alone will cost you (if you can even find parking) Not to mention most of the beaches in Miami are flanked with hotels, condos, and tall skyscrapers.

Anyway, if money is no object for you, Miami is THE PLACE to be....but if you're like some average Joe Blow... making $45k a year... lol good luck living the Miami life and enjoying all the things it has to offer. You'll be a working drone sitting in traffic most your life.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
^^^
Disagree about beach parking.

You DON'T have to cram on South Beach. There are many more miles of beach beyond that, and parking is easy.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
^^^
Disagree about beach parking.

You DON'T have to cram on South Beach. There are many more miles of beach beyond that, and parking is easy.
Do tell.
I go to Key Biscayne often, but again...on the weekends, one must pay to enter the park where the beaches are.

Please, enlighten me. I'd love to know of some more accessible beaches where parking is easy in Miami.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:25 PM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

Large swaths of just ugly, strip-mall filled suburbia-- Yes, the beaches are beautiful. Brickell and downtown are stunning as well. But beyond that? meh.... Go to Kendall, West Chester, Hialeah, Doral. . . All very meh... Nothing special. Not particularly beautiful. Kind of bland, flat, lack of tree having land... Just strip malls, houses and apartment complexes. Nothing interesting to see there. Rather ugly.

I hear you but a lot of metro areas in the USA can be described as ugly and filled with strip malls. Moreover, what about: Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Buena Vista, the Design District and Wynwood? Granted still a small percentage of the overall area but at least they break from the standard cookie-cutter suburban mold.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:00 PM

699 posts, read 610,397 times
Quote:
Inaccessibility to nature-- there's nowhere to go with large ares of open space. Yes, there's parks and whatnot, but you usually have to pay on the weekends. So if you dont wanna do that...there's not really any wide open spaces anywhere.. Also, the beaches are packed...parking alone will cost you (if you can even find parking) Not to mention most of the beaches in Miami are flanked with hotels, condos, and tall skyscrapers.
Miami is the only city sandwiched between two national parks - Biscayne National Park, and the Everglades. Both parks have wide open spaces, and while you can enjoy some of the Everglades by biking, picnicking, etc. It's true having an airboat makes your life a lot easier. Biscayne national park is about kayaking, scuba diving, etc.

I know what you mean, you want a traditional style park like Central Park, here in Miami Beach we have several smaller parks like Flamingo, Lummus and South Pointe.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:34 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Do tell.
I go to Key Biscayne often, but again...on the weekends, one must pay to enter the park where the beaches are.

Please, enlighten me. I'd love to know of some more accessible beaches where parking is easy in Miami.
North Beach, Surfside, Haulover, Hallandale, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Pompano, Deerfield, Boca, Delray

Old 01-21-2016, 04:13 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Quote:
Do tell.

Parking is easy, but not necessarily free. In general, it's not free. "Life in the big city," as they say.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:43 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
as people can see

the cons outweight the pros

all the users here that live/lived in miami have something negative to say about miami including myself since i live in as well.

that should say something

anywho

miami is a bad place to live in, but a very nice vacation spot wityh much to do (if you got the money for it)
I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion since the majority of posts on this thread are people that like it here.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:46 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,418,869 times
Quote:
Do tell.

Look up Ocean Terrace on North Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami