Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-04-2016, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Heartland Florida
9,324 posts, read 26,803,402 times
Reputation: 5040

Advertisements

Activists Push Republicans To Kill Florida Fracking Bill | Miami New Times

Really? How much more funny money is going to go down a black hole and poison us??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2016, 09:01 AM
 
5,187 posts, read 6,964,746 times
Reputation: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Activists Push Republicans To Kill Florida Fracking Bill | Miami New Times

Really? How much more funny money is going to go down a black hole and poison us??


Yea, frick on that Frack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2016, 10:34 AM
 
Location: western East Roman Empire
9,433 posts, read 14,386,713 times
Reputation: 10194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Activists Push Republicans To Kill Florida Fracking Bill | Miami New Times

Really? How much more funny money is going to go down a black hole and poison us??
One of the administrators cited in the article pointed to the disconnect between current market conditions and any need for more fracking, or even offshore drilling for that matter. Both should be off the table for Florida in the foreseeable future, if ever.

Speaking of which, continuing the path of alternative energy is the way to go, for many reasons, though it will be gradual. According to some influential people, solar and wind are not going to cut it, we still need to direct a large portion of resources to primary research.

tallrick, over the years you have mentioned making your own fuels, among other things. What is your take on the optimal way to allocate resources to researching and economically applying alternative forms of energy for mechanical and motive power, light, heat, cooling, and whatever other human need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2016, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Heartland Florida
9,324 posts, read 26,803,402 times
Reputation: 5040
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
One of the administrators cited in the article pointed to the disconnect between current market conditions and any need for more fracking, or even offshore drilling for that matter. Both should be off the table for Florida in the foreseeable future, if ever.

Speaking of which, continuing the path of alternative energy is the way to go, for many reasons, though it will be gradual. According to some influential people, solar and wind are not going to cut it, we still need to direct a large portion of resources to primary research.

tallrick, over the years you have mentioned making your own fuels, among other things. What is your take on the optimal way to allocate resources to researching and economically applying alternative forms of energy for mechanical and motive power, light, heat, cooling, and whatever other human need?
Nuclear energy from Thorium would make Florida a leader in world technology. If all the money wasted on toll road widening, "luxury" high rises, Doral, Brickell, etc would have instead be put into making Thorium energy, we would have high wages and a thriving economy. Technology exists to make hydrocarbons like diesel and gasoline from carbon dioxide and salt water using nuclear power. The old and dangerous light water reactor at Turkey Point could be replaced with safe LFTR power and all fossil fuel burning plants converted over time. The natural gas currently wasted to make electricity could be used as a fuel for motor vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2016, 05:39 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,873,798 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Nuclear energy from Thorium would make Florida a leader in world technology. If all the money wasted on toll road widening, "luxury" high rises, Doral, Brickell, etc would have instead be put into making Thorium energy, we would have high wages and a thriving economy. Technology exists to make hydrocarbons like diesel and gasoline from carbon dioxide and salt water using nuclear power. The old and dangerous light water reactor at Turkey Point could be replaced with safe LFTR power and all fossil fuel burning plants converted over time. The natural gas currently wasted to make electricity could be used as a fuel for motor vehicles.

I would love to see a nuclear car crash. May be wouldn't remember it but it would be fun.

Fracking Controversy - Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top