Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 09:49 AM

51 posts, read 84,902 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are looking to spend 3 nights in Miami this summer and have found a great rate at the:

"Luxury Suite in One Broadway by Lyx Miami"

located at:

1451 South Miami Avenue
Brickell
FL 33130

As we are complete first-timers in Miami and Florida (though have been many places in US), we would really appreciate opinions from knowledgeable locals on the area, especially as regards safety.

Thanks in advance

P.S. We will be driving down from Orlando so assume we would take exit 1A off of I-95 then double back along SW 1st Ave / SW 15th Rd... ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 11:36 AM

39 posts, read 43,267 times
Check out this map.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...w.kEjx1LjR8hr0

Stay away from most of the orange and ALL the red areas and you'll be fine. Most of the orange doesn't have anything noteworthy to see anyways. The only two exceptions are Wynwood and Little Havana which are worth a visit. The red areas are where people get robbed and shot on a daily basis.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:37 AM

32 posts, read 26,410 times
I would reconsider that location, while I like Brickell it's not the best place for tourists. Why not go to South Beach? You'll have the best nightlife, arguably the best restaurants (though Brickell has some good ones), and the beach within walking distance? I suspect if you come to Brickell you will end up commuting to South Beach most of the time anyways.

That being said, Brickell is safer than most of Miami, I would still exercise caution come night fall.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:33 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,915,642 times
Stay out of the Overtown area

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7819...25!8i683?hl=en

Old 02-20-2016, 02:10 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,183,621 times
The area is OK, but not much of tourist interest. You're better off staying in Miami Beach as mentioned above.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:51 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,612,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post

Lol, I have a friend who lives in that building. It's totally decent.

I also suggest to the poster that they should stay on South Beach. It's really the better area to walk/explore vs downtown.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:17 PM

328 posts, read 471,711 times
Brickell is mostly offices and such... not a whole lot going on in there

I agree with the others that south beach would be a better place for you to explore, and if you don't mind the drive, fort lauderdale beach and hollywood beach are also nice areas

Old 02-20-2016, 06:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,577,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Tourist View Post
Hi,

We are looking to spend 3 nights in Miami this summer and have found a great rate at the:

located at:

1451 South Miami Avenue
Brickell
FL 33130

As we are complete first-timers in Miami and Florida (though have been many places in US), we would really appreciate opinions from knowledgeable locals on the area, especially as regards safety.

Thanks in advance

P.S. We will be driving down from Orlando so assume we would take exit 1A off of I-95 then double back along SW 1st Ave / SW 15th Rd... ?
Not a dumb question on safety ! If the rate at Broadway works for you go for it! The Brickell area is quite safe & you will find yourself probably driving to the South Beach / Art Deco district across Biscayne Bay.

Miami is a metropolitan area of 6 million residents plus millions of tourists annually so just use common sense and avoid areas you are not familiar with.

By the way remember that Summer in Miami is the "rainy" season too so what kind of activities are you looking to do?

Old 02-20-2016, 07:58 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,365,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Tourist View Post
Hi,

located at:

1451 South Miami Avenue
Brickell
FL 33130

Thanks in advance

I stayed in Brickell during my last visit to Miami which was in 2015. Yes, it is a nice, safe area. Granted I am single guy used to living in big cities. But Brickell is a pretty tame and safe area.

Who is we? A couple with young kids? or two friends on holiday?

Of course, there is no beach in Brickell and it is your first time in Miami so you might prefer Miami Beach. That said, it is relatively easy to get to places from Brickell. Key Biscayne (Bill Bags and Crandon Park) has some real nice parks/beaches and is a short drive from Brickell. Also, Coconut Grove, Wynwood and even Miami Beach are all not far....

Last edited by Astral_Weeks; 02-20-2016 at 08:07 PM..

Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 AM

604 posts, read 614,328 times
the area is safe, you get some good restaurants around that block (PM, Novecento, Perfecto), drinks at Segafredo. and the metromover is just there. You can walk a couple of blocks towards Mary Brickell Village and check the nightlife.

On the other hand, it is not a touristy area, so during the day you will have to commute to South Beach, or other places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami