Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:32 AM

426 posts, read 394,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
How tolerant and open-minded of you...

Overtown is comprable to NW Jacksonville in many ways, although there are more Haitians in Miami.

I am sure you would not like someone saying " Miami is the third world filled with s***s" Your characterization of Jacksonville as a bunch of crackers is off the mark. It is not a big as Miami are for sure but its hardly a small town, and most native whites have a southern accent. And Jacksonville is not in southern Georgia any more than Miami is in Cuba

The hood in Jacksonville is the most dangerous in the entire country, there's also a large number of radical and potentially dangerous crackers. They should annex the panhandle to Alabama, not to Georgia.

Tourists come to Miami from all the US, but they are scared stiff of you people, how come?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 04:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Usually it's the central and northern Floridians that hate on Miami. "too much traffic" "it's north cuba" "It's a 3rd world country" and on and on . . . . when in reality, Miami makes them uncomfortable because culturally it's not white or "american" feeling to them. That's the real reason they hate on it

Yeah, probably. At one time I had the entire State of Florida as a sales territory, so I got to see all of it on a weekly basis.........from the Panhandle to the Keys. Miami is too Hispanic for my tastes, hardly anyone speaks English there any longer. If I wanted to live in South America, I would move there.

You could give me a free home in the whole Miami area and I wouldn't live in it. But that is just me.

Don

Old 02-25-2016, 05:07 AM

How come people with money visit Miami and not Jacksonville or Macon?

Old 02-25-2016, 08:34 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Because they have dentists in Miami

I prefer hanging around more successful people (Miami) and could give a rats ass if they are white, black, purple, brown, or blue...I'd rather hang out with a successful black or whatever person than some trailer park cracker on welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post

Last edited by elchevere; 02-25-2016 at 08:44 AM..

Old 02-25-2016, 09:38 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
Quote:
The hood in Jacksonville is the most dangerous in the entire country, there's also a large number of radical and potentially dangerous crackers. They should annex the panhandle to Alabama, not to Georgia.

Tourists come to Miami from all the US, but they are scared stiff of you people, how come?
YOU People... Funny!

And I am certain you have spend a lot of time in Jacksonville. I would venture you may have stopped for gas driving though Jacksonville at the most. You dont seem to know where Jacksonville is located, it is in Northern Florida but not the Panhandle

If someone visited Miami area for the first time their view would be very different depending on if you visited Overtown, Miami Shores, South Beach, Hialeah, Kendall or Homestead. Very different views of the same place. Like any other metro area

Please define "radical and potentially dangerous crackers" Since Jacksonville is filled with this type of person I want to know how to avoid them... Maybe I should move to Miami for my safety!

I am certain that you fancy yourself as tolerant and open-minded, your posts show you are not.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:43 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
Quote:
same reason people with money and international tourists visit New York City and not Buffalo, NY, or Buenos Aires and not Mendoza

Old 02-25-2016, 09:51 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Love Mendoza....and Bariloche!

Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 AM

892 posts, read 859,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I can definitely vouch for getting the "better speak Spanish" line when I have stayed in Delray Beach for business but told people I am heading down to Miami/Miami Beach afterwards for fun when I am done with my business. In fact, I've gotten it multiple times....if I am permitted to 'generalize' about Delray, there definitely is a "Jersey Shore" (talking about the reality show, not the actual geography) element--I keep on looking over my shoulder waiting for the Situation to show up.
Which is funny because I rarely need to speak Spanish here. Though I've recently discovered Pincrest bakery opening up on 15th and Alton, there are a lot of staff who don't speak English so I get to practice my Spanish.

No big deal, I considered myself cultured and cosmopolitan, hearing and practicing different languages to me is better than to be stuck hearing English by rednecks all day

Old 02-27-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Because they have dentists in Miami

I prefer hanging around more successful people (Miami) and could give a rats ass if they are white, black, purple, brown, or blue...I'd rather hang out with a successful black or whatever person than some trailer park cracker on welfare.

Jacksonvile = Salta

Old 02-27-2016, 09:06 AM

683 posts, read 853,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I think Broward strikes that balance.... you've certainly got diversity within the county culturally, however it does not feel completely Hispanic...or completely gringo or completely one way or the other. There's actual diversity.... Miami is like a Latin city and that's it. And for many, that is a huge appeal. For others? Not so much. It al depends, but the good thing about Broward is if you want the feel of Latin city, you drive 20 to 30 mins down the road and you've got it.....if u dont want it then dont go to Miami. Simple.
Funny thing, this is how Miami used to be. I lived in Miami for 25 years and as the years passed by Broward was appealing because of this. I remember my last few years in South FL, I didn't even go to Miami at all.

The ignorance is people getting mad at people that don't like an overly Latin culture on American soil. The entitlement is ridiculous.

Last edited by deboinair; 02-27-2016 at 09:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami