Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 02:28 AM

383 posts, read 343,727 times

Advertisements

I come across the difficulties. I can`t find affordable hotel at northern of Miami close to the coastline (from Hollywood up to FLT). I`ve sought out on websites like booking/tripadvisor/airbnb. The prices start from 100 up to 150-200$ per night (we are three of us). I`ve looked out many hotels. Some of them with the price 80-100$ are very awful (the pics was showed a dirty floor, a broken furniture,a bugs etc.).
Could someone gimme a tip about the better&cheaper way to rent a housing?
We need 3 beds (2 in dormitory and 1 in liv. room), kithen, fridge
How do you think will i be allowed to rent an apt. for a long time (3 weeks) in any community if i have no SSN? Also i don`t have any credit story (i`m just as a tourist).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 04:30 PM

926 posts, read 980,192 times
i just went there, beach hotels rates were not that bad, but if you are looking to save a lot, consider near miami airport. it is only few minutes drive to miami beach. Only the public parking is very reasonable (1$/hr, 8$ max/day) and easy access to beach.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:36 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,456,355 times
OP, if you go too cheap, you'll find yourself not only in a bad unit, but unsafe area as well.

Obviously you want the best deal, but what have you budgeted per night for your group?

I think you'll be better focusing on the Hollywood beach area as far as getting more for your money.

Are you checking on Expedia.com, cheap hotels.com, trip advisor...?

Last edited by cfbs2691; 06-02-2016 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 06-02-2016, 09:27 PM

874 posts, read 901,085 times
Honestly, the real question is what you're planning on doing during the 3 weeks. It probably makes sense to spend a little more on the hotel room so you don't spend even more money getting around. It can easily take me 45 minutes to get from where I live to the beach, and it would cost quite a lot of money to get there via public transit. Also, the parking at the beach isn't cheap, and if you get the car towed, you'll be out a lot of money.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:54 AM

604 posts, read 619,084 times
and June is not even that expensive....

Old 06-05-2016, 01:16 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,329,175 times
Not quite to Hollywood but you could try these two:

Seaside Apartment Hotel | Home | South Beach Group

Beachside Apartment Hotel | Home | South Beach Group

This is in Hollywood:

Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel + Hotel | Home | SBG

Old 06-06-2016, 01:17 AM

Thanks for response! I used to planned renting the car to get to the beach. But after i calculated cost of renting the car i decided to rent a housing close to the beach with no rent the car. The most part of time i`m planning to spend on the beach. Sometimes i will be visiting my sister in Miami (Kendall) - this is the reason why i`m looking for renting the apt. close to Miami. In 2 weeks after arriving i would like to set off to Orlando. Sure in this case i`ll have to rent a car.
I`m flying to Miami in September.

cfbs2691

Are you checking on Expedia.com, cheap hotels.com, trip advisor...?

On the last one! It seems to be cheapest among them.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Honestly, the real question is what you're planning on doing during the 3 weeks. It probably makes sense to spend a little more on the hotel room so you don't spend even more money getting around. It can easily take me 45 minutes to get from where I live to the beach, and it would cost quite a lot of money to get there via public transit. Also, the parking at the beach isn't cheap, and if you get the car towed, you'll be out a lot of money.
How often do buses run from there? I was being told that public transport runs very seldom.. I`ve not still found the hotel Either price is too high or comments are not good. Are there any threads of the housing offers by the owners? I`d like to directly rent an apt..

Old 06-10-2016, 08:42 AM

874 posts, read 901,085 times
Did you check air b-n-b? If you are not finding anything, you may need to increase your budget. Miami is an expensive place to visit (and live)

Old 06-11-2016, 07:50 AM

No, i didn`t search in air bnb. It seems there are no decent hotels in Hollywood/Ft.Lauderdale with price under the 100 per night....Although i`ve been told i had to find them.
I came across to many hostels where people had spent their time only for 1-2 nights. A lot of those people adviced to stay there no longer than a couple of days.
I knew Miami is expencive, but that`s the reason why i`m looking for hotels further from Miami. It seems that the price is not going down with the distance =)
I`ve started thinking i had better to rent on the west side of FL where COL is cheaper a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami