Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:11 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times

Advertisements

***MOD CUT***

Not at all, and sorry if you felt that, one of my very best friends is Cuban and I am planning a trip to Cuba this fall because I love the people and culture. I also dated two Spanish ladies and thought the world of both of them. But I am simply stating undeniable facts about why Miami has gone down hill.

I have been going to Miami since the 50's, as a child, and later as an adult, and it has changed dramatically in that time. It has nothing to do with Hispanics as a whole, just a certain element that every ethnic group has. Anytime a huge influx of people moves into any area, there is going to be a certain percentage that don't live by the rules the rest of us do.

Anyone who lives there will say the same, I am sure.

Don

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-05-2016 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
Miami rudest city. This is a Travel and Leisure report. It is an established media source. Why would they lie or fabricate results?

Miami Named America's Rudest City by Travel + Leisure | Miami New Times
It could be that 1. people who deny the rudeness of South Florida in general have not traveled to other cities. So they may think it is normal to act the way people down there act. 2. no one wants their city to be disparaged, especially if they love the place.

I lived down there for a long time and I agree, Miami is pretty rude in general. Though to me it isn't as bad as Fort Lauderdale.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:01 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromae View Post
Please do not bring your Racist B.S to Cuba, i hope they deny you a visa, all of your posts are racist rants against Hispanics, just for your info,there is no way of telling if someone is Hispanic just by looks, as they are an ethnic group and not a race, Hispanics can be of any race from the whitest whites to the darkest blacks...
Social Justice 1,2,3... woo woo
I want to be P.C... woo woo
It's just the way to be for me.... and you... woo woo
Your hateful slurs are through... woo woo
I call woo woo on YOU.
We are language police, fighting bigotry... woo woo
It's P.C. for me.... and you... woo woo.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:21 AM

15 posts, read 12,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
It could be that 1. people who deny the rudeness of South Florida in general have not traveled to other cities. So they may think it is normal to act the way people down there act. 2. no one wants their city to be disparaged, especially if they love the place.

I lived down there for a long time and I agree, Miami is pretty rude in general. Though to me it isn't as bad as Fort Lauderdale.
I'd take a lil bit of rudeness over the "forced robotic smiles and fake nice", you get in other places...

Old 07-04-2016, 11:41 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Quote:
I'd take a lil bit of rudeness over the "forced robotic smiles and fake nice", you get in other places...
Amen to that!

Old 07-04-2016, 01:48 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Yup...I referred to that earlier as overly PC...plenty of that bull crap in FauxCal with easily offended people.

Quote:

Old 07-04-2016, 03:22 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,822,888 times
I have been to Miami about 10 times if not more. I really don't find the people to be rude. I don't find them to be particularly friendly, but not particularly rude.

However, outside major US cities (especially the more urban and denser ones), Americans tend think that if you don't greet and smile at someone that walks by you, goes inside the elevator with you, sits next to you a the theatre, etc., then you are rude.

What most people that don't live in those big cities get is that, what' the point? I live in Chicago and people that move from smaller places to Chicago think we are rude. Because we don't say hi as we pass you by on the street or want to strike up a conversation. It's part of city life. When I walk out the door and do my 10 minute walk to the train I pass at least about 30 people or so on my walk. Am I going to smile and say hi to each one? When I get on the train I am usually in car train with about 40-60 people, sometimes we are packed in like sardines. Am I going to say hi and smile to each one? When I get off the train and walk to my office, a 5 minute walk, I pass about 200-250 people also heading to work. Shall I say hi and strike up conversations with them?

When you live in a big city you come across so many people in your daily life that are strangers that you will most likely never see again. So what's the point? So you better bet when I am walking and someone says hi to me who is a complete stranger and I will most likely never see again, you better bet I will not say hi back. I tend to look at them and carry on. I just don't understand what the point is.

Now if someone approaches me for a good reason, like they need directions, or they have a question, I am very nice and polite. I feel that same is in Miami.

Then when I go to smaller towns it's actually annoying. Everyone has to greet you. You get in an elevator, everyone has to say good morning. It almost feels fake to me. You aren't saying good morning because you personally wish for me to have a wonderful day, you don't care, you are saying it because it's the "right" thing to do.

I also think people take being direct as being rude or mean.

I like when people are more direct and real.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Being number 1 does not mean anything, some place, somewhere has to be number one when making a list. Articles like this never set a bar in what constitutes a "rude" city or a "worst city to live in."

Even in utopia, there can be a ranking system, and someone will be first, and someone will be last, but that does not mean they are good or bad. There needs to be a bar set in making that determination.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:16 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Agree 100%. I hate that fake, cheesy smile found what it seems a good proportion of the rest of the US, and the equally bad, high pitched "how are you?" that comes with it.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:50 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Agree 100%. I hate that fake, cheesy smile found what it seems a good proportion of the rest of the US, and the equally bad, high pitched "how are you?" that comes with it.
Exactly. They don't care how you really are. You could be great, you could be terrible. They don't give a flip either way, so if you don't care, don't ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami