Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:43 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matriarchmage View Post
Miami the best place ever No traffic No pollution !!
Welcome to the board. Let us know if you need any help using our board features.

If you drive in Krome or US27 your statement is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 12:34 PM

874 posts, read 899,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Because I have gone showing homes in these areas, on multiple occasions, quite recently, at different times of day, including morning, and sat in this traffic.

Also I used to work in Doral and on occasion would take a ride to Joe's Stone Crab for lunch and back, and Dolphin was clogged in both directions, in the middle of the day, when there was no rush hour.
I'm sorry.. did you say you showed homes here? But you spend all your time in this forum stating how much you dislike Miami? How can you sell properties here with a straight face?

Old 09-14-2016, 05:55 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,822,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
I'm sorry.. did you say you showed homes here? But you spend all your time in this forum stating how much you dislike Miami? How can you sell properties here with a straight face?
No, I don't actually say here that I dislike Miami. Please don't twist my words. I don't like some aspects of Miami though, namely - the traffic.

But, yes, I like Broward very much, especially #Weston. And I do say that.

And if a client wants to find a place specifically in Miami, that's what I do, I take them to Miami.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:48 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,006,689 times
Quote:
Because I have gone showing homes in these areas, on multiple occasions, quite recently, at different times of day, including morning, and sat in this traffic.

Really? So you were showing homes in Miami Beach at 8:00am - 8:30am and then drove back through Miami to the airport area before 9:00am?

Quote:
Also I used to work in Doral and on occasion would take a ride to Joe's Stone Crab for lunch and back, and Dolphin was clogged in both directions, in the middle of the day, when there was no rush hour.
What, you had lunch at Joe's at 8:00am? And then drove back west through Miami during the morning rush hour? (Which is, after all, what the OP was asking.)

This makes as much sense as your first statement?

IOW, none.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Really? So you were showing homes in Miami Beach at 8:00am - 8:30am and then drove back through Miami to the airport area before 9:00am?

What, you had lunch at Joe's at 8:00am? And then drove back west through Miami during the morning rush hour? (Which is, after all, what the OP was asking.)

This makes as much sense as your first statement?

IOW, none.
***MOD CUT*** if Dolphin is clogged in both directions in the early afternoon, I can only imagine how bad it is during rush hour, in both directions. Capiche?

Last edited by doggiebus; 09-19-2016 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Personal Attacks Not Allowed

Old 09-19-2016, 01:10 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,006,689 times
Quote:
***MOD CUT*** if Dolphin is clogged in both directions in the early afternoon, I can only imagine how bad it is during rush hour, in both directions. Capiche?
You can only imagine, huh?

That's a wonderful way to approach answering questions on this forum!

I don't have any idea what the real answer to your question might be, but I can only imagine....

Is this how you also answer questions when posed by your real estate clients?

I don't have any idea if this house is in a flood zone, but I can only imagine that it might be!

I don't have any idea if this house is priced correctly, but I can only imagine that it could be!

I don't have any idea what the schools are like in this area, but I can only imagine that they must be good!

I can only hope for your clients' sake that you approach your real estate job with a little less recklessness than the way you decide to answer questions here on this forum.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:34 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,567 times
Ok I need some emergency advice. The people I'm working with wanted to book a place in Hollywood, which we did. Now I'm seeing it's about 25 miles with what looks like loads of bad traffic to get to Corporate Center Dr. Are there any secret routes I could take to avoid the traffic?

Remember, I'm only here for four days, so if you give away some secret I'll only add one car for a few days

Old 09-20-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
Ok I need some emergency advice. The people I'm working with wanted to book a place in Hollywood, which we did. Now I'm seeing it's about 25 miles with what looks like loads of bad traffic to get to Corporate Center Dr. Are there any secret routes I could take to avoid the traffic?

Remember, I'm only here for four days, so if you give away some secret I'll only add one car for a few days
Where is that dude from Bethesda when you need him? He knows all the tricks and is never wrong. I imagine he could hook you up.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:30 AM

874 posts, read 899,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post

My advice is to cancel the place in Hollywood and book a new hotel. Even if you have a nice view from the room, you're NEVER going to see it by the time you leave work and fight traffic. Sunset is now at 7:18 pm and getting earlier, it will take you over an hour if you leave work by 5.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:55 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
My advice is to cancel the place in Hollywood and book a new hotel. Even if you have a nice view from the room, you're NEVER going to see it by the time you leave work and fight traffic. Sunset is now at 7:18 pm and getting earlier, it will take you over an hour if you leave work by 5.
This is exactly what we did. Ended up booking by the airport. While not beachfront, it allowed much more flexibility. Today, finished at lunchtime and ended up taking a snorkeling trip on Key Largo.

Made it back by about 8 p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami