Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 02:52 PM

16 posts, read 11,430 times

Advertisements

Also, I was reading description of some condo units for sale on Realtor.com but didn't find any maintenance fees info. Is it required to be disclosed in listing? I would think most apartments/condos have this maintenance fees and they are pretty high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 06:21 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinVinl View Post
Also, I was reading description of some condo units for sale on Realtor.com but didn't find any maintenance fees info. Is it required to be disclosed in listing? I would think most apartments/condos have this maintenance fees and they are pretty high.
not all the info transfers to Realtor.com.

When you hire an agent, he/she will send you all the available listings and the HOA/Maint fees will be listed in the details of each. (most of the time, though you will get lazy or not very bright agents who leave it off because they don't bother asking).

Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSmart View Post
Yes, I know, I should get my own real estate license. I probably know the area market better than 99% of the realtors out there.
Sounds like you should!

And if you do, let me know. I'm teaching the Pre-license course now once a month for a school in Edgewater. They are pretty cheap too, under $350..and you'll have an EXCELLENT instructor :-)

Old 03-22-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
not all the info transfers to Realtor.com.

When you hire an agent, he/she will send you all the available listings and the HOA/Maint fees will be listed in the details of each. (most of the time, though you will get lazy or not very bright agents who leave it off because they don't bother asking).
Thanks!

Old 03-22-2017, 11:14 AM

24 posts, read 23,331 times
Yes, Pinecrest is expensive. I'm actually shocked there is a house with a pool in North Pinecrest for $3000!

How about the townhouses around the Falls area? It is a very nice area, walking distance to The Falls mall and other shopping, super close to MCI. The school, Vineland, is very good.
This is an example:
13205 SW 95th AveMiami, Florida 33176 • EWM.com

It doesn't have a garage, but it's gated, and has a really nice backyard, with a pretty view. And way below your budget!

The area around Baptist hospital, with good schools, is one of the most sought after in Miami. Hard to find bargains. That's why many people move to Broward suburbs, and subject themselves to the commutes from hell. But I think with a little patience, luck, and a compromise here there, you can find what you need 15 minutes max from work.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:16 AM

24 posts, read 23,331 times
Marc, I may take you up on that! Thank you!

A few years ago, when I lived in Aventura, I almost signed up for the Gold Coast course. Then I got lazy, my babies were too small at that time.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSmart View Post
Yes, Pinecrest is expensive. I'm actually shocked there is a house with a pool in North Pinecrest for $3000!

How about the townhouses around the Falls area? It is a very nice area, walking distance to The Falls mall and other shopping, super close to MCI. The school, Vineland, is very good.
This is an example:
13205 SW 95th AveMiami, Florida 33176 • EWM.com

It doesn't have a garage, but it's gated, and has a really nice backyard, with a pretty view. And way below your budget!

The area around Baptist hospital, with good schools, is one of the most sought after in Miami. Hard to find bargains. That's why many people move to Broward suburbs, and subject themselves to the commutes from hell. But I think with a little patience, luck, and a compromise here there, you can find what you need 15 minutes max from work.
Thanks. I will scout through the areas this weekend.
I am aware that any part in south of Miami could flood but can you point out the areas moost prone to flooding? And any areas insurance companies won't write HOI policy for?
Thanks.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:25 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinVinl View Post
I am aware that any part in south of Miami could flood but can you point out the areas moost prone to flooding? And any areas insurance companies won't write HOI policy for?
Thanks.
There are online flood maps for Miami-Dade County that you can consult.

For HOI issues, you should consult an insurance agent. In any case, the insurer of last resort is a state agency, Citizens Property Insurance.

As a conservative rule of thumb for preliminary budgeting purposes, calculate an annual HOI rate of 2% of purchase price (same for property taxes). The actual rate will depend on any number of variables. Consult an insurance agent.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:37 AM

I drive through the neighborhood of these schools over past weekend.
Sunset Park elementary
Kendale Elementary
Vineland k-8 center
Palmetto elementary
Pincrest elementary
Sunset elementary

Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 AM

oops, didn't finish writing yet.
Homes in the Falls neighborhood looks nice. but I am afraid that school management gets super busy with so many grades levels and can't concentrate on promoting welfares of all grades equally.
I felt that that was the increasing order of neighborhood real estate value as well. I like Palmetto & Pinecrest best because the school building look more friendly for little kids.
traffic on SW 88th st was so congested even at 8:30AM.
My husband wanted to to live in a newer home. He drive out to the Hammock areas to look at new neighborhood. It's 10 miles west of MCI and we think traffic during rush hour will be bad. Anybody living out there? Does it take 30mins for the commute to MCI or more like an hour?
Is there other new/not too old homes neighborhood with good elementary schools?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami