Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:19 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,467 times

Advertisements

But man, we are talking about cities under the artic circle!!!!
Why do you want diversity?
Miami is Latin and International, BC is china and Toronto, Little Calabria, segregated.
In Toronto, you don't have any remedy..but I guess that in Quebec they don't like it and in BC they are fed up.
Mounted Guards with Turbans?....
Plus, Canada is on the way out, not livable.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:06 PM

10 posts, read 8,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
I wouldn't say hate, more dislikes than anything.

1. Not the best job market
2. S*** wages, high-cost of living.
3. even with 0 income tax, I was still left with more disposable income in Canada than Miami (along with many people)
4. Boring downtown even with all the new development, not too many places to hang beside 1 block of Wynwood and Sobe
5. Not the most diverse city I lived in. So going from Toronto and Montreal to Miami, you don't have the abundance of cultural communities that you have in those respective cities.
6. Transport is a joke
7. Not too many festivals (remember, Montreal is city of festivals for a reason, 250+ of em)
8. Education standards are horrible, not the worst in the U.S but Florida in general, is behind.
8A. Miami Dade College costs more for 1 year than for me at McGill, a top 20 university
9. People are flaky as hell, or just fake in general.

I'm sure there's more, but I think this is enough. Is Miami the worst? not at all and far from it. It's in the middle of the pack, but from where I've lived, It's at the bottom. Another strange thing is how much the locals hate it there, more than I've seen than in other cities, including the friends I have that moved to Canada, all never want to step foot back in Miami.

hi everybody, first time poster!
i've been lurking these forum for a long time and decided to make one.
Tbh, i read this and thought it was b.s, because it's canada. whats funny is that i just came back from a trip to montreal cuz of my friend who had a bachelor party there and boy was i wrong.
first, it's very diverse, much more than here and it freaked me out cuz i thought everyone in canada was only white. i didnt expect so many asian,spanish,indian,haitians,and europeans and all the cultural food.
second, nightlife is crazy there, is it true that they want to extend last call at 6am during weekends? i hope so
the downtown and surrounding areas were so busy omg! and so much arts too, more than wynwood i was inlove
i had a fun time, maybe ill go to visit there or live? idk

Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 PM

10 posts, read 8,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
But man, we are talking about cities under the artic circle!!!!
Why do you want diversity?
Miami is Latin and International, BC is china and Toronto, Little Calabria, segregated.
In Toronto, you don't have any remedy..but I guess that in Quebec they don't like it and in BC they are fed up.
Mounted Guards with Turbans?....
Plus, Canada is on the way out, not livable.
youre racist amigo! miami is segregated fool. plus canada is better for life, youre just mad hombre.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaTuSabes View Post
youre racist amigo! miami is segregated fool. plus canada is better for life, youre just mad hombre.

Rather be a bad hombre than a good self-reigteous penguin.
Canada is far more segregated, eskimos eating seals, italians that live with italians, an asian foothold in BC, quebecois that want all english speakers out...and all living under artic temperatures....with a drecressing birth rate that will multiply canada by cero unless they bring Chinese.

You have never been to Canada or the American continent, perhaps to Suriman and some Andalusian cave. Can you walk?

Last edited by karstic; 04-20-2017 at 05:21 AM..

Old 04-20-2017, 12:40 PM

27 posts, read 37,907 times
Well, that escalated quickly .

Old 04-20-2017, 02:13 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread closed pending review by assigned moderator.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami