U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 03:51 PM

38 posts, read 21,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
My fiance' & I personally JUST WANT TO VISIT. We'd never want to live there in a million yrs. But that STD & other diseases issue is concerning even to just visit. I don't think I knew of this incurable syphilis yet.

All these people who have diseases, they have to work somewhere. So where do many of them work? Restaurants, hotels, & other places that serve drinks & food. Well, here we are visiting or locals just to eat & enjoy a nice meal & those w/ diseases are the cooks, etc. in the back. God knows how they're making the food. They cough, sneeze all over it. Cut their fingers w/ a knife, getting infected blood all over the place, etc. & here we come along & eat it. Eeek.

When I said this to my fiance', as much as he loves tropical places, he actually doesn't want to travel to Maimi anymore, but maybe the Bahamas or something he said. I might still visit, but eat food that takes cooking & nothing like salads or something & maybe eat MOSTLY food that I got from grocery stores myself as much as I like eating out when traveling. Plus I believe in God, so I pray over everything anything.
Goodness, you don't actually believe this do you?!?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 07:25 AM

10,146 posts, read 11,236,638 times
^ Well, it's my prerogative to be concerned about anything I want to be concerned about, so you personally shouldn't care enough to post a reply. Obviously, it's significant enough to Miami itself to post a billboard about it, which I've never ever seen before about any kind of health issue, so they're obviously doing it for a purpose...to warn people. You live your life how you want to & I'll live mine. If you're the type who lives frivolously & on the edge w/o much thought, that's YOU.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:47 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,623,796 times
If you are concerned about catching a STD third party or through swinging then you probably will want to cross off most West Coast cities for fear of contracting hepatitis from homeless people who spread disease through their contact with fecal matter. Ditto for cities with restrooms with hot air hand dryers that recirculate fecal bacteria. Who knows what you will catch on an airplane, etc etc etc.

Quote:
^ Well, it's my prerogative to be concerned about anything I want to be concerned about, so you personally shouldn't care enough to post a reply. Obviously, it's significant enough to Miami itself to post a billboard about it, which I've never ever seen before about any kind of health issue, so they're obviously doing it for a purpose...to warn people. You live your life how you want to & I'll live mine. If you're the type who lives frivolously & on the edge w/o much thought, that's YOU.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:52 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,067,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
If you are concerned about catching a STD third party or through swinging then you probably will want to cross off most West Coast cities for fear of contracting hepatitis from homeless people who spread disease through contact with fecal matter. Ditto for cities with restrooms with hot air hand dryers that recirculate fecal bacteria.

It's funny, right? We are worried about STD's and diseases, so we'll avoid first world, modern South Florida and head off to a third world country like the Bahamas instead. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 06-03-2019, 07:58 AM

I probably should’ve mentioned dental dams for those intimate moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
It's funny, right? We are worried about STD's and diseases, so we'll avoid first world, modern South Florida and head off to a third world country like the Bahamas instead. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 06-03-2019, 08:01 AM

10,146 posts, read 11,236,638 times
I take my health pretty seriously. I'm the type who tries to use those wipes they now supply at grocery store entrances to wipe down shopping cart handles. If they didn't think it was of a concern, they wouldn't supply them. I also use a paper towel to touch & open restroom door handles when I exit the public restrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
If you are concerned about catching a STD third party or through swinging then you probably will want to cross off most West Coast cities for fear of contracting hepatitis from homeless people who spread disease through their contact with fecal matter. Ditto for cities with restrooms with hot air hand dryers that recirculate fecal bacteria. Who knows what you will catch on an airplane, etc etc etc.
Right, I read about those hand dryers too & I try to avoid those as much as I can too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Actually, I've been to the Bahamas already like over 20 yrs ago, so I really don't have to go back. My SO hasn't, but we'll probably go somewhere else anyway.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:04 AM

All kidding aside, you are overreacting....seeing that you are from SoCal, are you consumed with catching hepatitis from a homeless person..probably a better chance of that than catching a STD from a food handler in Miami (and I lived in San Diego, which had a hepatitis epidemic 2 years ago). Do you wear a surgical mask when outdoors so you don’t breathe in smog??... I seriously doubt many well to do from all over the globe would be plopping down heavy sums of money to live in and visit Miami if there were out of control health issues here....now, if you were pregnant and the Zika outbreak returns, then I would advise you against visiting.

Quote:
I take my health pretty seriously. I'm the type who tries to use those wipes they now supply at grocery store entrances to wipe down shopping cart handles. If they didn't think it was of a concern, they wouldn't supply them. I also use a paper towel to touch & open restroom door handles when I exit the public restrooms.

Right, I read about those hand dryers too & I try to avoid those as much as I can too.

Actually, I've been to the Bahamas already like over 20 yrs ago, so I really don't have to go back. My SO hasn't, but we'll probably go somewhere else anyway.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-03-2019 at 08:12 AM..

Old 06-03-2019, 08:09 AM

80 posts, read 45,948 times
Quote:
My fiance' & I personally JUST WANT TO VISIT. We'd never want to live there in a million yrs. But that STD & other diseases issue is concerning even to just visit. I don't think I knew of this incurable syphilis yet.

All these people who have diseases, they have to work somewhere. So where do many of them work? Restaurants, hotels, & other places that serve drinks & food. Well, here we are visiting or locals just to eat & enjoy a nice meal & those w/ diseases are the cooks, etc. in the back. God knows how they're making the food. They cough, sneeze all over it. Cut their fingers w/ a knife, getting infected blood all over the place, etc. & here we come along & eat it. Eeek.

When I said this to my fiance', as much as he loves tropical places, he actually doesn't want to travel to Maimi anymore, but maybe the Bahamas or something he said. I might still visit, but eat food that takes cooking & nothing like salads or something & maybe eat MOSTLY food that I got from grocery stores myself as much as I like eating out when traveling. Plus I believe in God, so I pray over everything anything.

This is the most asinine comment I have ever read on these forums. I guarantee you come across disease carrying individuals every single day of your life. You have ZERO knowledge of how certain diseases are spread/contacted.

Here's a pro tip: praying doesn't prevent the spread of disease.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:19 AM

4,840 posts, read 4,222,919 times
Quote:

I think you need to be a little more worried about your own state than Florida when it comes to STDs.

https://www.alarms.org/std-statistics/

Old 06-03-2019, 08:42 AM

12,220 posts, read 15,909,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I think you need to be a little more worried about your own state than Florida when it comes to STDs.

https://www.alarms.org/std-statistics/
My state, NY, oof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami