Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 09:09 AM

278 posts, read 316,710 times

Advertisements

I know a couple of you fellow Brickell residents were looking forward to this. Just opened today. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 09:44 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
was planning on stopping by to check out....I belong to the Equinox at the Four Seasons...can get a little too crowded during the busy times (and some of the male putas who workout their text for 5 minutes in between reps as if they were a teenage girl at their first slumber party) and their equipment, though abundant, is from 2 generations ago. One would think at $150 (plus tax) Equinox would have the most up-to-date advanced equipment, but they do not. Hopefully, this new one at Brickell Heights will be a little larger and more spread out with more modern machines/equipment....will report back.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:32 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
checked out the new Equinox Brickell Heights...going to stay where I am at the Equinox inside the Four Seasons--not worth the extra $$.

On the plus side, nice views of Brickell from one of the rooms and the wading pool looks nice and offers a view of Brickell City Centre (though it is not suited for lap swimming), but that's where the positives end.

The rooms are quite cramped, the focus is more on "functional training" (i.e. kettle ball and classes).

I'm more into working out with free weights plus machines and have been doing so for 40 years, which is why at nearly 60 years of age I have the body of a very fit 30 year old. They have a grand total of 2 bench presses--good luck getting on a bench during peak hours and a friggin Lucille Roberts gym has more than two benches. The equipment/room is very cramped and is not state of the art. They have some Hoist brand equipment at this new location, but it is from 2 generations ago. If you are into equipment, as I am, Equinox is not state of the art and a little bit of a disappointment.

On the plus side, the new Brickell Heights will probably draw a bunch of people away from the Equinox Four Seasons (hopefully, the type that are more interested in texting while sitting on equipment not exercising for 10 minutes at a time) which will free up more equipment and make my workouts more enjoyable at the one I will stay at. Plus I enjoy popping up to Edge Steakhouse after a workout for happy hour and the one I am at will be more geared towards professionals vs. the new one which will attract a much younger crowd....that is my opinion, as a 40 year gym rat who has belonged to much nicer upscale gyms.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-14-2017 at 07:48 PM..

Old 06-27-2017, 05:46 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
checked out the new Equinox Brickell Heights...going to stay where I am at the Equinox inside the Four Seasons--not worth the extra $$.

On the plus side, nice views of Brickell from one of the rooms and the wading pool looks nice and offers a view of Brickell City Centre (though it is not suited for lap swimming), but that's where the positives end.

The rooms are quite cramped, the focus is more on "functional training" (i.e. kettle ball and classes).

I'm more into working out with free weights plus machines and have been doing so for 40 years, which is why at nearly 60 years of age I have the body of a very fit 30 year old. They have a grand total of 2 bench presses--good luck getting on a bench during peak hours and a friggin Lucille Roberts gym has more than two benches. The equipment/room is very cramped and is not state of the art. They have some Hoist brand equipment at this new location, but it is from 2 generations ago. If you are into equipment, as I am, Equinox is not state of the art and a little bit of a disappointment.

On the plus side, the new Brickell Heights will probably draw a bunch of people away from the Equinox Four Seasons (hopefully, the type that are more interested in texting while sitting on equipment not exercising for 10 minutes at a time) which will free up more equipment and make my workouts more enjoyable at the one I will stay at. Plus I enjoy popping up to Edge Steakhouse after a workout for happy hour and the one I am at will be more geared towards professionals vs. the new one which will attract a much younger crowd....that is my opinion, as a 40 year gym rat who has belonged to much nicer upscale gyms.
I agree with you. I was shocked trying out the new brickell heights equinox. Beautiful space and facility - the absolute worst functioning gym I've ever been in in my life. No equipment. No machines. Cramped space for lifting. The corporate team at equinox knows absolutely nothing about fitness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami