Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 08:40 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
I wish someone had talked to you about these things before you settled on Bal Harbor. However, its a lovely area, and I hope you like the place.

Her good friend down here talked to her about it.
(Unless you meant she'd have been better off making her decision based on what random internet people like us advised??)
She'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 08:47 AM

378 posts, read 487,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
(Unless you meant she'd have been better off making her decision based on what random internet people like us advised??)
She'll be fine.
As well as two threads with feedback from random internet people
//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...here-live.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...e-broward.html

But yeah, she will be fine

Old 07-19-2017, 10:52 AM

142 posts, read 131,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
If you go from Bal Harbor toward Sunny Isles - there is no toll. And if you continue from Sunny Isles on 163rd Street bridge or on Lehman Causeway - there is no toll.

So you Can get off Bal Harbor without any tolls. But it won't be the shortest way for you to go to your work.

I'm here now and I see that. Yea the shortest way will be with the causeway. I'm gonna go get the annual pass today. I've been here 2 days and already gone over it 6 times lol

Old 07-19-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
She'll be fine.

You're right. I did have 2 threads and A LOT of feedback. And I went with my friend's suggestion and I honestly couldn't be happier. The building I live in is a dream. My view is directly of the ocean at the tip of Bal Harbour where the intercoastal runs, and I can see the intercoastal on my left and the jetty and atlantic on my right. I have a full service gym, private beach, pool, spa, bike storage, trees to set up a hammock, dog walk area ... it's amazing. The condo unit itself is extremely homey, and it's small enough to where my electric bill will run about $25/month (as opposed to the $95 I paid back in MO). It really all evens out. Extras here, but savings in other places. I'm so happy; I already love it here. Yes, the people in Miami are a bit rude, but the people in my building are the cutest and I'm already on a first name basis with security and the cabana boy. Once I get the Causeway pass everything will be good. Just worked a freelance job last week and decided to charge $300 to take care of all that

Bienvenidos a Miami to me

I'm truly sorry for all those on these threads with sour attitudes. I won't apologize for the fact that I can afford to live here, and live here well. I can totally see where if I couldn't afford it, I would be bitching too.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
You're right. I did have 2 threads and A LOT of feedback. And I went with my friend's suggestion and I honestly couldn't be happier. The building I live in is a dream. My view is directly of the ocean at the tip of Bal Harbour where the intercoastal runs, and I can see the intercoastal on my left and the jetty and atlantic on my right. I have a full service gym, private beach, pool, spa, bike storage, trees to set up a hammock, dog walk area ... it's amazing. The condo unit itself is extremely homey, and it's small enough to where my electric bill will run about $25/month (as opposed to the $95 I paid back in MO). It really all evens out. Extras here, but savings in other places. I'm so happy; I already love it here. Yes, the people in Miami are a bit rude, but the people in my building are the cutest and I'm already on a first name basis with security and the cabana boy. Once I get the Causeway pass everything will be good. Just worked a freelance job last week and decided to charge $300 to take care of all that

Bienvenidos a Miami to me

I'm truly sorry for all those on these threads with sour attitudes. I won't apologize for the fact that I can afford to live here, and live here well. I can totally see where if I couldn't afford it, I would be bitching too.
Great to hear so far so good!
Keep us updated as time goes on.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Get the parking app too, so you don't have to deal with parking meters. Miami is an expensive place to live with hidden costs such as those. But hey--this is the off season--it's a breeze. Wait until you see what it is like in season!
Question ... do you have to sign up for Easy Pay in order to get the parking plus deal? I want the parking, but I also am really diligent about knowing everything I spend, so I don't really want Sunpass auto-replenishing a card without my knowledge. From what I see on the website it seems like I have to do this to enroll in the parking?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Question ... do you have to sign up for Easy Pay in order to get the parking plus deal? I want the parking, but I also am really diligent about knowing everything I spend, so I don't really want Sunpass auto-replenishing a card without my knowledge. From what I see on the website it seems like I have to do this to enroll in the parking?
Nevermind I answered my own question. Seems like I do, and they can just email me replenishment receipts. Works for me

Old 07-19-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Great to hear so far so good!
Keep us updated as time goes on.
Lol cfbs think I'm gonna change my mind huh?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:22 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Quote:
I've been here for a little over 2 years now and I haven't changed my mind, I still love it! I'm in South Miami, no view of the ocean... and I love everything about it... except the traffic on Old Cutler Road at rush hour when I'm visiting family in Cutler Bay.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:

Not at all!

It'll help others looking to relocate.
(I've been here so long I know I take things for granted and don't remember the little things one learns when you first get here.)
Obviously the first few years are the honeymoon phase - and a lot is learned along the way.
Again, sharing what you're learning will be helpful to others.
Wishing you nothing but the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami