Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:56 PM

874 posts, read 899,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachgreen View Post
I mean with $500k you can open 2 restaurants. Or can invest in a gas station with a dining facility.
omg... there's a gas station in Doral with ceviche, arepas, hot dogs, coffee, etc. They're running like 5 restaurants in the place. Probably the most profitable business in town.

Oh, and the ceviche is actually excellent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,355,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I never talked of $100k but I believe that with $200/250k is possible to open a restaurant in Florida.
In Florida, yes. In Miami, no.

you'll either need to buy some wine bar that's closing (18th & Biscayne, $90k - call me for details) or you'll need to find a 2nd generation restaurant that already closed, put like $50k into it and hold that $150k remaining to get you through the first 2-3 years of losses.

Otherwise, $200k would barely cover a build out on a vanilla shell location and then no money for monthly expenses/annual expenses as well as CapX replacements.

If you put that $200k in the stock market two years ago in a low risk fund, you'd have over $250k right now. So instead of losing $200k on a build out, you could have made $50k by doing nothing.

That's what the person above was trying to point out.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:42 AM

526 posts, read 376,638 times
I agree in Miami there are a lot of Italian restaurants, but this we knew already. In my last trip (last April) I also visited West Coast and I visited many places that I didn't know like Naples, Sarasota, Clearwater, St.Petersburg and other.
Obviously even there are many Italian restaurants but there is much less competition.
I found locals, some locals, with less $200k already ready to open.
About my economic availability, that someone said was poor, I have never said which is my economic availability but which amount I would invest.
I believe I know how to do my job and for this I continue to evaluate this project.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:30 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I agree in Miami there are a lot of Italian restaurants, but this we knew already. In my last trip (last April) I also visited West Coast and I visited many places that I didn't know like Naples, Sarasota, Clearwater, St.Petersburg and other.
Obviously even there are many Italian restaurants but there is much less competition.
I found locals, some locals, with less $200k already ready to open.
About my economic availability, that someone said was poor, I have never said which is my economic availability but which amount I would invest.
I believe I know how to do my job and for this I continue to evaluate this project.
You are riddled with contradictions in the way you present yourself and you keep coming back here with the same question, receiving the same answer every time but expecting, or hoping for, a different result, claiming that you know better.

Last edited by bale002; 08-15-2017 at 05:19 AM..

Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 AM

526 posts, read 376,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
You are riddled with contradictions in the way you present yourself and you keep coming back here with the same question, receiving the same answer every time but expecting, or hoping for, a different result, claiming that you know better.
First of all I have done never question..I just explained a problem that I found, you have reopened old speeches and I only answered.
Anyway if I am bored you can tell with other 50.000 users and don't answer me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami