Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:12 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,616,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Never understood why someone would endure living in a condo just to see a far off ocean. I lived for 20 years with the Atlantic behind the mangroves behind my home and all I ever got was rusted out vehicles and bad odors at low tide. Sunsets are the same whether in the keys or on Lake Okeechobee farmland. From the roof of my house you can see boaters going fishing or diving but who really cares? I gave up boating years ago and got tired of the constant boat maintenance. Traditional Floridians never wanted to live on the ocean unless they were in the fishing or shipping business. Remember pay a few million for housing and you will be giving the county thousands every year for the right to hold it. You never own any property in the US.
Some people can afford it.... some cannot. You obviously cannot, and that's ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,616,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Ok, so you don't want to pay taxes, live in society or have basic services. Apparently, you want to live on a boat. Reminds me of the movie Waterworld.
Maybe his stiltsville house got shut down?

Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,691,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Ok, so you don't want to pay taxes, live in society or have basic services. Apparently, you want to live on a boat. Reminds me of the movie Waterworld.
Government should never extort money from you with the threat of losing your home. That goes against the concept of private property. What we have is a lease that is determined by artificially inflated values. Just wrong on so many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami