U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 AM

11 posts, read 37,881 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Does anyone have experience with "golf course" living. Looking at a house on a golf course fairway in Winston Trials.

Pros/Cons

thanks;

Snook
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:28 AM

6,853 posts, read 20,724,766 times
The only thing you will have to watch out for is golf balls. Clubs when its wet out and you live near a tee. Also some people have problems with golfers peeing in their yards or walking into their yards to hit their ball. If you get a home on the course you will not have neighbors behind you which is nice. Some golf courses do not allow you to put up a fence, so privacy issues from the golfers can be an issue for some people. You can enjoy living on a golf course.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:01 AM

Okay- those are some things I hadn't considered.

thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 01:11 PM

638 posts, read 1,064,313 times
Default Children??

Do you have children?? If so, look closely at the schools Winston Trails is zoned for. It is in a good area but they have been screwed a couple of times over the years by rezoning...just thought I'd let you know.....

Old 03-14-2008, 01:15 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,739,424 times
Winston Trails is not in West Palm Beach. It is in West Boynton.

I have played on that course before and I did not notice any problems.

The worst problem you will most likely run into is someone possibly smashing one of your windows with a golf ball by accident.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Lake Worth- correct? Yes to children; PBCSD boundaries as of now have A rated but who knows what happens when they screw with the boundaries again... Also, would the gold course be for WT residence only?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM

89 posts, read 275,768 times
Winston Trails is in Lake Worth, "A" rated schools and the golf course is for public use and so is the restaurant.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 AM

3,644 posts, read 5,820,292 times
If you buy a house on a golf course make sure it is along the side of teh course adn not at the end where the course turns. Otherwise balls hit long will go into your house. You still haev to worry about balls going off to the left or right if you live on the side but it's not as bad as living at the end of a straitaway (they call them fairways or am I thinking of something else?). My grandmother lived on a golf course for a few yearas and her car had some dents in it that looked like they could have come from golf balls. Make sure you have a garage and ALWAYS park your car inside.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:05 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,739,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorobda View Post
Winston Trails is in Lake Worth, "A" rated schools and the golf course is for public use and so is the restaurant.
Just to clarify, it uses a Lake Worth address but is is not within the city limits of Lake Worth. It is an unincorporated area of the county commonly referred to as 'West Boynton'. They should just incorporate the area out west and call it that.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:26 PM

89 posts, read 275,768 times
I live in Smith Farm and it also uses a Lake Worth address (33467), but I think it is really considered Wellington. Is this true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami