Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 06:45 AM

6 posts, read 9,623 times

Advertisements

Hi,

next year in march I am gonna move to the Miami Dade or maybe Broward area for a master's degree at the Nova southeastern University which is located in Davie.

Now I am already figuring out which would be an appropriate neighbourhood to live nearby (max. 45 min in driving distance)

I know Miami and have been there several times and my first thought was Hialeah as it is relatively cheap and I would also be able to reach the southern parts of Miami Dade as I am going to work in the morning and afternoon, classes are in the evenings. Additionally I would feel like home there.

As Hialeah has different kind of neighbourhoods, what would be a cheap and relatively good area to live there. What do you think?

I am gonna rent a room in a shared apartment or a house and I would like to spend about 500-650$ on rent every month.

Would Miami Gardens also be an option? What area is cheaper, Miami Gardens or Hialeah?

I don't mind dirtier and rougher areas, but I don't really wanna live in Opa-locka, although the location would be great to reach Davie.

Can you recommend me other good areas nearby? What about Broward county?

Thanks a lot, would be happy about some answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 11:02 AM

1,049 posts, read 960,731 times
Why not just live in Davie? It's a nice area and your commute would be a breeze, plus it's not all that far from Miami if you want to go there. You could also live in Hollywood or Pembroke Pines to be a little closer to Miami.As far as Hialeah goes, it's better than Miami Gardens, that's for sure. You will be closer to Miami but it isn't the best and the commute would be annoying to go to/from Davie every day. Definitely avoid Miami Gardens, you don't want to live there.Maybe look at North Miami Beach or North Miami, it's a happy medium between the Fort Lauderdale area and Miami and you can find decent places for cheap if you share an apartment.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:13 AM

66 posts, read 66,484 times
I have a friend who studies in Nova, and he lives in Plantation. I guess that is one of the best neighborhood to live if you are a Nova student.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:51 AM

6 posts, read 9,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
Why not just live in Davie? It's a nice area and your commute would be a breeze, plus it's not all that far from Miami if you want to go there. You could also live in Hollywood or Pembroke Pines to be a little closer to Miami.As far as Hialeah goes, it's better than Miami Gardens, that's for sure. You will be closer to Miami but it isn't the best and the commute would be annoying to go to/from Davie every day. Definitely avoid Miami Gardens, you don't want to live there.Maybe look at North Miami Beach or North Miami, it's a happy medium between the Fort Lauderdale area and Miami and you can find decent places for cheap if you share an apartment.
Thanks for your answers.

Well, I was thinking about moving to Davie, but I want to be nearer at Miami, mostly for work. As jobs are scarce I want to be able to cover nearly all the "mainland" area of Miami maintaining tolerable commute.

Thanks for the tip with Miami Gardens, I already knew it isn't the best area of Miami But i didn't know it was that bad.

I will definitely consider North Miami and North Miami Beach! I really like those neighborhoods and commute would be tolerable.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:27 AM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,190,229 times
Do check the neighborhood quality map by JacobMax:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...031726078&z=11

There's one for Broward also:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...0.2573425&z=10

Old 06-18-2021, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,807 times
Where did you end up living? I ended up on this forum becuase we're looking to buy a place for my son - who will be attending Law School at Nova. We've no idea about good areas/towns/streets and a mistake will cost us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami