Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 10:21 AM

3 posts, read 3,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
Has anyone else moved to Miami (I am in Miami Beach) and think they were moving somewhere they would love only to end up hating it after 1 year and cant wait to pack up and go? I moved here at the early beginning of this year and thought I would love it. I came here for vacations before moving here and always loved the ocean and the beautiful views around town. After moving here I found out that this place is all hype. I understand everyone is different but for me its the pits. I pay enormous rent (yes I do live in a furnished apt with an ocean view in a high rise), going out is impossible because everything costs so much money and to top it all of you must know at least some Spanish to make it here (I have learned just enough to get by). North Beach where I live in overrun by homeless people and it is disgusting to even go to the beach anymore so much crap on the street and trash laying around. I know I am not alone as I have spoken to several other people who ask me.. "why in the world did you move here?". I truly am disappointed by the life here as it is totally not what I expected one bit. Word to the wise.... moving here and being here for vacation are VERY DIFFERENT.Finding friends here in impossible unless of course you have money and can hit the club to find them (not my cup of tea anyway). I know I will take some heat for this post as most people will probably ask "didn't you know what you were moving into before you moved?" but honestly I didn't. December cannot get here fast enough. Oh and dont get me started on the high car insurance premium mine went up to 3 x's what it was where I moved from.

You picked the crappiest oceanfront area in not only Dade County but the entire Tri-County region.

I have lived on the oceanfront in Broward for the past two decades and love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
UPDATE: The OP moved out of Miami Beach (and out of Florida) last December. Apparently her living situation not only hasn't improved, it's gotten much worse.

Quote:
So heres the story: We moved into our apartment in December things were ok until January when the neighbor upstairs had someone move in with him. The guy that moved in has a mental problem he throws things, stomps on the ground and screams bloody murder. Every word out of his mouth is the F word. The cops have come several times (the guy that lives in the apt calls each time). Its been a constant issue and the cops have come at least 5 times now. It happens almost always around midnight or later. I told my landlord one time about the issue but nothing was done. I've started video documenting each episode.. What would you do??

She titled her complaint about living in a nice neighborhood in high-rise oceanfront condo on Miami Beach as Living here is like living in HELL. Perhaps she's having second thoughts now. Or at least perhaps she'll learn to limit the hyperbole when describing something that she doesn't like.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:44 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
^ Well isn't life ironic? Now she has real problems instead.
At least she had an oceanfront view to stare at while she mulled the HELL that is Miami (homeless people in the street, speaking Spanish, costs, etc.) now she has a crazy person living above her !

Do you know where she moved to?
Thanks for the update.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Do you know where she moved to?
Thanks for the update.
She moved to Virginia, although I don't know what city. I did learn that the "hellhole" she was living in down here was The Aquasol on 67th & Indian Creek. It may not be the nicest building in North Beach, but her description of the area as overrun with trash and homeless people is simply ridiculous.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 PM

30 posts, read 42,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Then why would you think that you were qualified to make a comment on an area with which you are obviously totally unfamiliar?

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Miami north of Flagler before posting additional erroneous comments about those areas.

Perhaps you should try not to be such a dick. Lighten up, Francis. You corrected his error. Just move on.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:06 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Has anyone else moved to Miami (I am in Miami Beach) and think they were moving somewhere they would love only to end up hating it after 1 year and cant wait to pack up and go? I moved here at the early beginning of this year and thought I would love it. I came here for vacations before moving here and always loved the ocean and the beautiful views around town. After moving here I found out that this place is all hype. I understand everyone is different but for me its the pits. I pay enormous rent (yes I do live in a furnished apt with an ocean view in a high rise), going out is impossible because everything costs so much money and to top it all of you must know at least some Spanish to make it here (I have learned just enough to get by). North Beach where I live in overrun by homeless people and it is disgusting to even go to the beach anymore so much crap on the street and trash laying around. I know I am not alone as I have spoken to several other people who ask me.. "why in the world did you move here?". I truly am disappointed by the life here as it is totally not what I expected one bit. Word to the wise.... moving here and being here for vacation are VERY DIFFERENT.Finding friends here in impossible unless of course you have money and can hit the club to find them (not my cup of tea anyway). I know I will take some heat for this post as most people will probably ask "didn't you know what you were moving into before you moved?" but honestly I didn't. December cannot get here fast enough. Oh and dont get me started on the high car insurance premium mine went up to 3 x's what it was where I moved from.
There is a very wise saying, wherever you go there you are. In other words, it's not them it's you.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:16 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Hell to me was Brooklyn in 1996 !!!! Horrendous Place.

Miami is Heaven next to those memories !! Later Mortals.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:24 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Though Brooklyn has changed dramatically for the better since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post

Old 03-12-2019, 12:52 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post

I used to avoid it.

One time though I had a long consulting assignment at Flatbush and Atlantic and had to commute there. Subway stop was right under the building. And it felt so unpleasant even there, so neglected.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:22 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
My blooper, I meant to say Crooklyn in 1966, when I arrived in this Country..That was the SCARIEST time of my young LIFE.

And then Obviously SW Miami is a Pussycat compared to that Dirty Roaring Untamed Tiger !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami