Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 05:21 AM

505 posts, read 393,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
Was that intentional? You negated your own so-called point within two sentences. I was here at the time. Miami was exponentially superior than today. There was an uptick in tragic events but the odds of being involved in them were so low you start with at least 4 zeroes attached to the end of any opening number you choose. Nowadays it's still a severe long shot to be in the wrong place at the wrong time but if it happens that shooter is capable of taking out far greater numbers, thanks to the wonderful party currently in charge. That party doesn't mind the massacres as long as they are well spaced. Just say "it's not time for that" while knowing attention will soon shift to something else.

Normalcy is always the proper focus. Not fear. Day to day Miami '80s normalcy dwarfed anything available today.
Right. Killings were always precise and Miami was very nice...more of a big town.
Perhaps Man of Bethesda is talking about the wave of burglers provoked by Marielitos, which is totally true but did not last much. Also people that had shops and concerns in the path of riots went through hell, I remember Lionel Playworld.
But the city was peaceful but the media reflected a false Vietnam.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,393 times
My husband and I lived two blocks from the Dadeland Mall at that time. I had just left the Mr. John's Beauty Salon (@3:36 on the clip) next door to the liquor store ten minutes prior to this shootout. I had no idea, but my husband, working in Biscayne Tower downtown, heard it on the news and knew I had been in the hair salon around that time. No cell phones back then so he had to sit and wait until I got home to know I was safe. Yikes!

In addition, the next year I was pulled out of my car and mugged at gunpoint in the Jordan Marsh parking lot at the Dadeland Mall. They eventually caught the two but when it went before the judge there were no witnesses so they were released. I had been calling for several months prior telling the courts that I gotten a good look at the woman with the gun but I was never called in. What's another gun point mugging in Miami? Who cares, right?
Needless to say, I concealed carry now and don't shop in gun-free zones like malls...I also moved out of Miami in 1980.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM

16 posts, read 22,749 times
Default dadeland massacre

i was there. i was in the mall on my way out to get some pizza at cozzolis which was right next door to crown liquors. i missed it by about 10 minutes. if you are standing right in front of the mall look to your far left. crown liquors was in the front corner. i used to live in kings creek and remember the killings in kings court right across the street.lucky me,iknow where all the action is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami